Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 07:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281/227/195
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default 40 Pounds

After 57 days of no sugar, no bread, no fruit, vegetables limited to onion, mushroom, and asparagus, lots of beef, pork, and chicken. I have lost 40 pounds.

I have decided the only way to lose weight faster than low carb is to get an heroine addiction, but it's not nearly as healthy

I am very proud that i even made it through my wife's birthday with no cake or ice cream. Just ate an extra ribeye with butter.

Thanks again to all of you for your support. 0.7 pounds per day rocks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 07:07

Stats: 217/205/110 Female 58"
BF:
Progress: 11%

WOOHOO!! That's amazing! Way to go! An inspiration for me, that's for sure!!

Deanna
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 07:07

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

You should be proud, you have done very well

Loved the comment on the heroine addiction...LOL
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 09:14

Plan: Stillman, Atkins
Stats: 240/188/180
BF:
Progress: 87%
Cool I'm not alone!

I thought it was just me and a chosen few.....I'm 22 days into the LCWOE and down 19 pounds.....First week...10 pounds...week 2...3pounds...week 3...5 pounds...and counting...

Started at 245 at the beginning of the year and plateaued at 225 for three months eating "balanced" diet...then on July 8..Low/no Carbs kicked off a 10 pound drop in one week and I haven't looked back....goal weight is 185 and at 6'0" with a bit of muscle I've been building, I should be fit and trim at this weight.

I'm at a good average weight drop/week and cruisin...thought I was the only one who was zoomin' through the weight loss...keep it up!

Will
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 11:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/183/120
BF:
Progress: 14%

I have a question. Are you exercising along with your healthy eating? You have done great!!!!! Congrats

Barb
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 12:07

Stats: 281/227/195
BF:
Progress: 63%

The only real exercise I am doing is walking. I found the key (at least for me) it to exercise first thing in the morning, before coffee or water or anything. I get up, go to the bathroom and hit the street. I don't find the exercise to be nearly as effective when I do it in the evening.

I saw that you live near St Louis, I used to live (4 years ago) in Bellville, IL.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 18:01

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Terrific...nope..not just you...Keep up the good work..wow with exercising too.....There is hope after all...hehehe..ok..you don't know me..but I haven't exercised yet...I will..promise...LOL...
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 20:58

Plan: Stillman, Atkins
Stats: 240/188/180
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default The common thread

Yes, exercise for me has to be the key. To speed up my system, I had to shock it three to five times weekly running, climbing, rollerblading, or just sightseeing in some city I visited. To move, to flow was my catalyst, then came the diet and then the pounds came off...

I understand a cardio regimen of 4x weekly at 40-60 minutes per session at 65%-75% of Max hr will get you there...and maintain....also...I have been adding muscle in weightlifting sessions 3x weekly...not into getting massive as much as toned and fit.....

buying a versaclimber and putting it in my place was the best thing for me...I would suggest getting something that increases your HR and place it nearby...not for hanging things on, but actually using it for the overall goal of healthy living at a weight that you are comfortable with...

Thanks for all of your advice and stories on this board...they've inspired me to conitnue toward my goal of 185.....this posting/reading relationship is just as important as counting carbs and exercises, at least for me.

240/206/185

Low carb since July 8...225 pounds then and 206 now!

Will
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 05:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/183/120
BF:
Progress: 14%
Smile

I used to walk, but got lazy. You have inspired me to go back on induction, and really do it this time, not just talk about it and start walking.

I have some relation that lives in Belleville with the last name of Hill. I live about 1 1/2 hours from there.

Well here goes, and keep up the good work and keep posting to let all of us know how you are doing.

Have a great week.

Barb
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 12:29

Plan: Zone
Stats: 179/155/149
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Nice Going!

Sounds like you have it covered!

Way to go. I agree re this board, it's the best

179/161/150
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 23:23

Plan: Low Carb Whatever?
Stats: 263/230/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi MCFARLAND
Congrats on your wieght loss.. Sandi

Last edited by Sadai : Thu, Aug-02-01 at 18:20.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 00:16

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Impressive Weight Loss

0.7 per day McFarland. That is fantastic. Thanks for sharing that. I am happy for you and I am happy for me.

U just helped to realise why I lost 4kg in the first fortnight. I was getting up and doing exercise first thing - only managing about 3 minutes at the time 'cos I was unfit but I was DOING it. I followed it up with 2 or three more sessions during the day. Then the lure of this site got so I started sitting in front of the 'puter for the first hour drinking a pot of tea before getting up and exercising, sometimes going straight for breakfast.

Even so I've lost steadily but nowhere near as rapidly as you. Congratulations. Stay with it now.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 02:06
Registered Member

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 286/285/145 Female 5-7
BF:
Progress: 1%
Talking

Way to go!!!, have you had to go shopping for new clothes yet?, you are a true inspiration not to cheat.Take care.