Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 07:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default hello from Germany!!

Hi everyone!
I am new here but not new to the LC world. I tried it in the 70's but never had support(COLLEGE AND NO $). I now have a new husband,new home and new life..now I just need a new body.
I am a bit shy and need to be given a kick once in a while to keep up my journal and excersie.
I hope to make some new friends here..I need to be accountable for what I eat and do. So,felt this is the best way to keep in line.
I have been LCing over a month and have lost 11 lb. A good start and I know it will slow down and that is when I will need help from all of you
I am 52,and have no children,married to my DH for just over 2 yrs.(we met over the net...giggle) He is a native German and I love him dearly.We have two cats Venice and Benny both tuxedo cats.
I need to get busy and order the the new Atkins books so I have info. close at hand.
Right now I am fighting a bad knee, Know more next Thurs. if sugery is needed and still trying to find out if I have arthritus or lyme disease,next week I will have more anwers. So this has kept me from doing any excerise. This is making me grumpy now.
Wondering if there are others out from Germany ..would like to know how you manage and where to get products.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 09:28
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome - I'm obviously not in Germany but thought I'd say hey.

Good luck to you - hope your medical issues are resolved soon.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 12:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

Welcome and please join us at the buddy club under Buddys countdowns, and challanges BUBU is also from germany and she's one of our favorites and she would enjoy talking to you! I wish you the best of luck and please come and find us....
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 12:30
Registered Member

Stats: 175/173/135
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Patty! Congratulations on the 11 lbs gone! I'm estatic about losing 2 lbs! lol

I think it's safe to say, we're all here for each other and that helps so much. What I like about this board, is no one judges anyone. Nothing but alot of good hearted people who understand. That's just what we all need!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 22:11
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%
Default ich hoere Deutschland???

Hello Patty and welcome,

you found the most wonderful place for information and support You will love it here.

You may want to start your own journal, a good place to share you day to day stuff and meet new people.

Come visit me sometimes and tell me how things are in Germany..I am German and always love to hear from home.

Good luck and success

Mischa
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 07:44

Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS:
I am sorry I do not geton line everyday to speak up. I am looking for some challanges and maybe a buddy in Germany..but anywhee is good !
Düsseldorf is over 90 today so we are moving as little as possible... but so far stying in my carb range and it is easy to get in the water when it is so hot Also started a journal with fitday.com..hmmm pretty good