Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 06:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

1. Go over the tips and stalls section of the forum and read the sticky.

2. The last ten pounds seem to take forever, take it from me.

3. Calories DO count when you get down there.

4. Watch out for nuts, bars, shakes, and just watch your body really really closely to learn how it reacts to different foods. (salty meats make me retain LOTS of water)

5. Stalls are a natural body function to adjust. It cultivates in us the quality of patience. Or...we blow it. Be strong.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 07:12

Plan: Atkins/Body for Life
Stats: 269/239/200
BF:34
Progress: 43%

thanks alot wordlady.... i appreciate the tips.
i went back and look at some of your other posts, found one where you said you binged once and gained 4 lbs. did it help though, i mean did you end up losing more?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 10:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/160/160 Female 5'8"
BF:24.3
Progress: 100%

Hello there..I just want to mention that I think you should up your carbs a little. I was at a standstill and couldn't lose anymore. I was the same weight +1 and then -1lb. Then I was tired of eating the same thing over and over and added in a few fruits and a little bit of sugar. Also I started drinking more water. I have now gone down almost 10 lbs since then. I look at the scale and it is so close to 180 lbs I am estatic. The lowest I remember being was 175 before I went on birth control. Also I have noticed that although the lbs didn't go away my waist went down. I am now down to a loose 14. I was at a 18-20. It feels great. I have a pair of pants I used to wear to work and now today I put them on and had to take them off because I was swimming in them. I have been doing the Atkins for about 3 months now and it just takes time to figure out what works for you. My two rolls I used to have on my stomach are now down to almost 1. I also can actually start to see a normal shape. I lay down and don't see rolls anymore. Just keep up the good work. I know it is discouraging to be at a standstill, but they will start going away again. Try and up your carbs just a little. See what happens, but remember drink plenty of water. I had 3 strawberry marguaritas last tuesday and I was afraid I would gain a bunch of water weight. To my suprise I lost 2 lbs within two days. I think my body just needed those extra carbs. Good luck, keep us posted. Just try for a few more carbs and see what happens.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/232/190 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlady
1. Go over the tips and stalls section of the forum and read the sticky.

2. The last ten pounds seem to take forever, take it from me.

3. Calories DO count when you get down there.

4. Watch out for nuts, bars, shakes, and just watch your body really really closely to learn how it reacts to different foods. (salty meats make me retain LOTS of water)

5. Stalls are a natural body function to adjust. It cultivates in us the quality of patience. Or...we blow it. Be strong.

Thanks again for all the kind words and support! I'll cut out the salty food starting today for sure. I have also been watching the calories from the start and am about as low as I can go when I workout...

I actually tried a carbfest meal two weeks ago and that didn't budge me at all...

I'll also cut out the Diet Rite and lower my Splenda to 2 packs a day like Atkins says.

I hope this gets me though it!
Thanks!