Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 19:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/152/125 Female 65
BF:???
Progress: -8%
Question Help! I'm Starving!

Hey...
Its 8pm and I am starving... I am close to my cals for the day (using the 10-12x idea) and My stomach is just growling. This has happened the last three or four nights. All I can think of is naughty, high carb desserts! Any good subs? I am on induction and I cant handle cream or sugar free jello at all. I just keep drinking water to try and fill up but im still STARVING!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 19:48
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

The calories here are self imposed and silly if you want to try Atkins right.

Eat when hungry and learn to trust your body. The calories can be modifed later if you don't lose any weight but all you really are supposed to do is count carbs.

Have anything legal you want....in fact I recommend something fatty to fill you up.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 19:53

Default thnx

Thanks... I thought restricting cals was kinda pointless but I have been on induction for 3 weeks and havent loss since the first two days, so i thought i would give it a try.... Any good "fatty" suggestions? If i have any more tuna or lunch meat I might spontaneously become a vegetarian-- i cant handle anymore MEAT today!

jordan
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 19:54
The evolution of me

BF:

How about some cut of veggies dipped in dressing or filled w/ some cream cheese?

Relax this is a slow process but it really works.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 19:57

Default hmmm

Might go try some of that right NOW... do you ever just have visions of the totally off limits foods? I dont even think these are cravings... just some psychological thing probably.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 19:59
The evolution of me

BF:

Actually that maybe true which is why I recommended the fatty foods.... fill you up faster and reduce the cravings.

It is really cool when you get to the point that you trust your body and stop eating when you are filled naturally like you are really satisfied.

I actually eat 4-6 meal/snacks a day. I am what you might call a nosher, but it works for me.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:05
Registered Member

Stats: 175/173/135
BF:
Progress: 5%

Right now, my belly is growling too and I'm eating pork rinds. They're good and tasty too.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:09
The evolution of me

BF:

I microwave them w/ some grated cheddar and a TBS of paul newman's salsa (only 1 carb) to make pork rind nachos....
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:14
Registered Member

Stats: 175/173/135
BF:
Progress: 5%

Mmmmmmmmmmm....that sounds good! I went shopping today and found some 'Sweet Cinnamon and Butter' flavored pork rinds. They're sugar free, no carbs, no guilt. I didn't eat them yet because I'm not real big on sweets. But, I'm glad to know they're there if I do get a craving for something different. At this point, I'm content with the original porkys
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:14

Default salsa...

is salsa legal? i used to put salsa on everything, when i was striving for low fat/low cal, and i really do love my "mexican ketchup" is it induction legal then?

also, i bought sum "I.M. Healthy s/f Soynut butter" but i dont know what to do with it. Its low carb (1 g after fiber) but seems to turn to cement in my mouth. Does increase my water intake though
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:15
The evolution of me

BF:

I would avoid both until induction is over but then you can try new things and see how your body reacts.

This is all so personal.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:18

Default thats ok!

Well, i keep finding more things i have to wait for induction to be over to have. In fact, i went to a huge health food supermarket, with AISLES of lc stuff, and i didnt by much, but i made a mental list of all the goodies i will get to add in after i lose. All of the lc tortillas and syrups and stuff look soo yumm, not to mention lc ice cream! just keeps motivating me. now i have to decide how long to do induction!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:21
The evolution of me

BF:

You don't have too much to lose so it is going to be a slow process. Just remember that we low carbers burn fat and look leaner faster so take measurements now.

And think longterm... you eat when you are hungry and feel satisfied and will look better and better.

The good thing is as you add things and progress it feels less like a diet and more way of life. That means the weight never comes back.

Longterm....
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:33

yup... what measurements do you take, and where.. like "waist" i dont have a waist... im built like the trunk of a tree... or "hips" does that mean butt? im so confused.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:35
The evolution of me

BF:

You are funny and probably exagerating???

Usually good places to start (first thing in the morning after bathroom but before you eat or drink anything) is chest, waist, hips, upper arms, upper thighs, calves.

Or whatever body part you are interested in tracking.

Do you exercise?