Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 18:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 244/235/215
BF:
Progress:

Thanks Karen. I've been l/c for 5 weeks. Down 9 lbs. Since I cut the carbs to almost nothing, I've had the same symptoms. Drugged, headaches, muscles sore and tired, joints achey. What a mess. But, your description has given me new light. I'm not a meticulous carb counter. I have traded carbs for protein and have a 30 gram powder mix in the morning. I'm waiting for the new found strength.
Bob
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 13:14

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5' 7"
BF:31%/31%/24%
Progress: 0%

2puttbob,

If your carbs are truly "almost nothing," (as measured by some software, like Fitday), increase them to the amount recommended by Eades. Even for a purist on intervention, that's 40 g/day, though no more than 10 g/meal or snack. Five weeks is a long time to have your symptoms.

Last edited by acohn : Thu, Jul-10-03 at 13:54.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 21:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 244/235/215
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Carb Withdrawal

Actually, I have 10-40 grams per day. So far it's been pretty nice. I do miss white rice and corn tortillas but, gotta have some sacrafice. Withdrawal (I guess that's what it is) has just been mostly tired legs and light headedness. I can live with it. Considering a nice side effect is I used to have to take 50% more blood pressure medicine than I'm supposed to. After starting this, I noticed part of my tiredness was due to LOW blood pressure. I checked the other day and was 107/77. It has never been that low. I'm usually 130/88. So I was able to cut my dose in half. Also, I have a hiedal hernia in my stomach(thanks for the inheritance, Mom) and take prilosec. Was able to cut that in half. Overall, my health has imprved and lost 1 lbs. since 6/1. I like it.
Bob