Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 05:39

Plan: Trying atkins
Stats: 155/147.5/115
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyuk
If you're going through this every 4-6 weeks and eating high carb/sugar foods maybe your body has got to the stage where it is 'expecting' this and giving you these feelings?

Thanks. I thought about that. But isn't 6 weeks a little too far in to be having these problems? I tried fighting it before, but it goes on for a week and seems like it will not end untill I eat sugar. The blah feeling lasts 24/7, it's not like a headache that comes and goes. =(

As for my Aunt, she knows I'm dieting. But I live at home and they have their little visits and can eat that stuff. So I can't just tell her not to bring it over. I have willpower, like I said, I don't have the mental or physical cravings..which I guess is quite odd compared to other experiences I've read. If I'm at the point in lowcarbing where I'm doing good; I don't care what's in the house. It's only when I feel like this.

I'm not sure what a Vitamian B complex is but I'll try it. I am getting enough B6 and 12 in my multivitamian, what would be the difference?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 09:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/195/145 Female 5'9"
BF:31%
Progress: 33%

is it possible that it is in relationship to your T.O.M.? I get super hungry during that period right before.

Over-all I have noticed that I have lost that initial zip that got me so excited in the beginning.. but you know I am not as bad off (energy wise) as I was when I was eating """normally""". I just started to drink a cup of coffee, or sometimes a sugar free energy drink! Yay rockstars!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 11:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/167.2/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallgood
is it possible that it is in relationship to your T.O.M.?

This was my initial reaction to your plight as well. Chart your moods versus your cycle and see if there is a correlation.