Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 20:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/200/180 Female 5'6
BF:0
Progress: 0%
Default what is happening??

have been doing pretty bad on Atkins for the past 2 months, and I need some inspiration to get started again..I already lost 40 lbs, and its been staying of, but I have been carb and sugar binging at least 2 times a week..i dont know whats going on...I feel like i dont have the willpower anymore, but I want to lose and I want to be healthy! someone help me please!!! everytime i try to start up again, something else comes along, like a birthday, or a dinner or a party...help!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 21:21
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

NICOLE: KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!!!!!! You have done SO VERY WELL...you have no reason to be having difficulty with birthday parties etc at this point!

I would say that it might be time for you to do a CLEAN 2 week induction and get back on track. YOU CAN DO THIS. Just BEGIN! Set a date, and DO IT. You sound like you need to break the carb addiction again...and the clean induction will do that for you.

Parties: Eat what you can, or bring a small cooler with "your food" in it. But DO IT...as you have come so far, and just simply need to get back on track NOW.

Everyone falters...its how you handle it and react that determines what the long term outcome will be...and there is no reason for you to beat yourself up over what has happened...

Just get to induction, and get back on track before the pounds return and the task becomes bigger.YOU WILL do this!

BEST WISHES:
Jake
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 06:11

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Nicole, re-read DANDR! It will inspire you all over again. I bought DANDR after seeing Dr. A on Donahue. I would love to find a video or something to use as inspiration from time to time. Reading his books or watching him on a show really motivates me for some reason. You can do it!!!! Set yourself a short term goal...say by September 1 and then go for it.

L

Oh...wanted to add...there must be something about that 40 lbs. mark...lol. I went down by about 42 lbs. before I went haywire this past week. I consider myself very, very fortunate that I didn't gain any of it back. Just say no

Last edited by whyspers : Thu, Jul-03-03 at 06:12.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 07:55

thanks guys! i say by july 6th, i go on strict induction. i feel like i am becoming addicted to carbs again....i have to stop NOW!!! thanks guys!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 08:25

Stats: 175/148/130 Female 5.00
BF:31% by the bmi
Progress: 60%

hey nicole,
i know how you feel i was doing the same thing. i told myself i either wanted to do it or i dont.i was eating lo carb cheating too much. cheating myself out of the foods i do love and then cheating with something stupid like icecream or cake.

its cheating yourself. you either want to lo carb or you dont. you cant half do it as you have figured out. i decided i was tired of this not eating what i want and not loosing. and i want to loose.

check out my weight loss journal at the bottom of my signature. i hope it will help you. hang in there and you will loose if that is what you want to do.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 09:29

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 294/260/185 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

[[QUOTE=whyspers]Nicole, re-read DANDR! I would love to find a video or something to use as inspiration from time to time.

There is an infomercial I've seen for Atkins that consists of three tapes, testing strips and diet info, cost $29.95, maybe it's also available on the Atkins site. I thought of ordering it myself, I do reread the book but thought the tapes with him talking to me would be nice.

Last edited by gerriz : Thu, Jul-03-03 at 09:35.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 10:10

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Are you sure Dr. A is the one who did the tapes? If so, that would be great! I thought that probably someone else at Atkins Center did the voice overs, etc. Unfortunately, no one else has that same motivational aura to me that Dr. A had...lol.

L
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 14:34

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 294/260/185 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

[QUOTE=whyspers]Are you sure Dr. A is the one who did the tapes? If so, that would be great! I thought that probably someone else at Atkins Center did the voice overs, etc. Unfortunately, no one else has that same motivational aura to me that Dr. A had...lol. L[/QUOTE]

I think it's the real thing, check it out.

atkinsstore.com
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 14:36
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Two things:

1) eat a big fatty meal before going to any party or occassion. Get full!

2) read this forum often and offer some advice to new people here. It will really help keep you motivated and remind you how you feel when you do good.

These two things have helped me immeasurably.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 15:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5.5
BF:Si, mucho!

Same boat Nicole, thanks for the thread.
I got down to 140 in 2 months and it felt so good. I decided to treat myself. But my big addiction is nuts. I buy a big jar of peanuts and I eat it all in 2 to 3 days. I am so addicted to nuts.. I have two almost finished jars in my cupboard right now and they call me. I can not buy any more. But you know I wil have to polish those off first. July 6th sounds like a great day to start again. I think I will join you. Buddy up?
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 11:32

hey id love 2 buddy up! 2morrow is the day...im starting induction all over again...no atkins bread, nothing...just fat and protien...of course i gained like 5 lbs back its very depressing..
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-07, 14:01

ok this is me posting 3 and a half years later....so im like 315 lbs now, and im ready for atkins once again!!!! starting 3-4-07
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-07, 14:56
Think Pink

Plan: ♥Calorie Counting
Stats: 265/195/175 Female 5' 10"
BF: a few
Progress: 78%

Hi Nicole - I'd say read and re-read your siggy line! LOL Also, I got inspiration through Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Solutions book. It totally put my head in the right place. My diet of course was Atkins but the words were inspiring to me. Try it - you can probably get it cheap on ebay. Just don't give up - EVER EVER EVER. I wish you all the best.....
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-07, 20:45

i actually bought that like 2 years afo, and you are right...his tapes kind of put you in the "get off that couch" frame of mind...i think im going to listen to them!

thanks!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-07, 22:14

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.It hopes we have learned something from yesterday.

~John Wayne