Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 10:34

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I kinda had a late breakfast.. earlier coffee with an Eas dark chocolate shake mixed in.
Later I made Raspberry crepes. I kinda changed the recipe a little and put in fresh raspberries.. omg yummy . This is how I made it.
Crepe
1 egg
2 tsp atkins bake mix
2 tbs water
1/2 tsp vanilla ( I only had almond extract)
2 packets of splenda or 1 tsp
1 tbs butter

beat egg and mix with all ingredients except butter. Heat small frypan ,melt butter and pour half mixture in. This makes a thin pancake .Make sure it's cooked all the way or it falls apart.

Filling
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup raspberries
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 packet splenda

mash raspberries in heavy cream ,heat a little in microwave add cream cheese . mix together. and put inside crepe.

I had to make 2 batches of crepe mix to use all the filling, of course I ate it all.
The original recipe asks for 1 tsp atkins bake mix (didn't seem like enough)and 2 tbs of sugar free raspberry syrup( which I didn't have).. The amount of cream may also be reduced. This is the first time I made this and next time I think I will reduce the cream to make it thicker.. It is a good place to start though.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 19:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211.2/198/137 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 13%

I prefer a non-traditional breakfast sometimes, so today was chicken salad with bacon crumbled in it. Was delicious! Also 1 cup coffee with 1 tbsp. heavy cream.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 00:15

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

not really a big egg person so I had 1/2 C. papaya mixed with some sf raspberry syrup in 1/2 C. plain, unsweetened fullfat yogurt.

It was wonderful! I just couldn't resist the voice of the papaya in the grocery store any longer!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 05:59
Under Construction

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 245/148/140 Female 5'4"
BF:less/than/B4
Progress: 92%
Default sausage egg and cheese muffin

yum. I made these for the first time today and they are great. Anyone missing biscuits should give this a try. I thought it remined me a lot of sausage and biscuits!

I ate 3!

recipe here
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 16:34
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 110/102/98 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 67%

This is only my 5th day on South Beach and I had 2 poached eggs, 3 slices of canadian bacon, and 2 inches worth of cucumber. I really hate eating hot breakfasts and swear I'm gaining weight eating like this. I used to eat a bowl of cherrios with low fat milk topped with fresh fruit and I miss that. Oh what I put myself through to support the bf on this diet!~
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 16:58

Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I had the same thing I have every morning: a half cup of yogurt, one scoop of Keto shake mix, and 3 sliced strawberries. This thread makes me feel like a weirdo for not eating eggs, but I love my yogurt brekkie
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 10:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protien power
Stats: 164/149/130
BF:
Progress: 44%

I had Pumpkin Mock Danish
1 egg
2oz creme cheese (found huge difference in taste/texture of them Philly is the best but cost about 30cents more )
Pampered chef's cinnomon (combo of spices&orange zest)
1/4 c pumpkin
dash of splenda & vanilla

I can eat this almost every day or variations of it. I am not a plain old egg fan.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 15:16
#1 Lucille Ball Fan!

Stats: 133/115/115 Male 65
BF:
Progress: 100%

2 pieces of bacon.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 18:45
Pending Member

Stats: 282/222/200 Male 6 foot
BF:not sure...lots?
Progress: 73%
Default Breakfast

So in looking at making myself a big breakfast for kind of an everyday thing doing Atkins, I started this the first day and really haven't stopped for more than 3 months.

Roughly 1/3 pound ground beef (or ground pork or a mix of the two)
3 eggs, whipped with a tablespoon of water
2 oz cheese, grated
1 green onion, chopped
3 or 4 mushrooms, sliced
Various and sundry spices...sometimes mexican, sometimes sausage-like, sometimes Italian, or just garlic and onion.

in a small skillet I fry up the meat, in another small skillet I saute the mushrooms. (BTW I have a teenager to clean up my messes. Makes this all the better) after both are done, put both in one pan and dump in the eggs. Dump in the chopped onion. Cover, and let cook until the eggs puff up. Flip it over, turn off heat (but leave on burner) cover with cheese. By the time the cheese melts, you have a big fluffy meaty mess of food kind of like a fritatta. I think. It is yummy. I top this mess with sour cream and salsa, but I am gonna try a pesto kind of thing soon. A couple of avocado slices don't hurt either!
Enjoy!
Luke
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 11:04

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 190/150/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

You folks are a riot! I'm in my fifth week, and -- surprise!!! -- getting a little tired of eggs. Reading these breakfast columns has been a real eyeopener! This morning I had 2/3 C of KetoCrisp (not bad, rather like little tiny Rice Krispies) and 1/2 C vanilla soy milk (a first for my taste buds) and it wasn't half bad! If I'd had 2 strawberries to slice on it, I'd've been a very happy puppy!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 13:10
Registered Member

Stats: 173/145/125 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 58%

this is my first day AGAIN! and I had the usual 2 eggs 3 slices of bacon and a large glass of water.........oh please let me get passed the first day!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:27

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

3 eggs scrambled with cheese
1 Gawdess Shake (Soy Slender Chocolate 3/4 Serv , 3/4 Cup Cream, and 1 tsp of Splenda) over Ice....
1 Centrum Vitamin and 2 big glasses of water