Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 06:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Back Again After Putting On 45 Pound Need Loads Of Support Please

[COLOR=deeppink]Hey u all, im Roch, and im back again trying to lose some serious weight low carbing way, i have been sucessfull in the past with a combination of diets and lost approximately 84 pounds and recently have put back 45pounds, i feel so disgusted with my self, i dont want to even go out anywhere. I went from wearing elasticated clothes to fitted clothes for the first time in 10 yrs and nw i am wearing anything that can fit me that stretches

Today i have taken back control of my life, i know i am addicted to carbs and they are slowly killing me, so no matter how hard i find lc i cant give up, i weigh 350 pounds and my quality of life is poor due to my weight, so moral support, tips and advice is what i desperately need, and maybe we can help eachother in the biggest battle in our lives, to lose weight and be healthy and live the normal life we so deserve, i started induction today and hope that i am strong enough to keep it up, would love to hear from anyone, thanks, take care, rochxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 07:04

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Back on the Wagon

Hi Roch

Good to see you again, although I could ask for better circumstances. Sorry to hear that you fell off the wagon and gained 45 pounds. Its going to hurt, but you should really change your stats to reflect your lapse.

Anyway, the positive thing is that you have decided to take back control of your life. You can do it and I'm sure you will feel so much better for just being in control. Keep us updated with your progress. Forgot to look if you have a journal or not. If not then do have one. I find this is a great way to keep me honest and I have been motivated by the posts in it.

I can relate to you with the elasticated/fitted clothes. I have just got my first trousers with zips in for 15 or so years. Wonderful. I'm looking forward to being able to wear more fitted clothes soon. So now that you can not get into those new clothes of yours you should have your target as getting back into them. You know they made you feel good, and so you will again.

Keep positive and keep on track. Have a great weekend.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 07:07

Plan: My Own
Stats: 356.8/335/190 Female 5' 9"
BF:huh?...what?..%#$~
Progress: 13%

Hi Roch, Good to have you back. Hang in there. YOu have made a big step by taking control of your live again. Just hang in there, keep the faith and believe that you can do it.

-K
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 07:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

You have taken the first step, now you just have to keep walking down that path!!

It is hard, I have yo-yo'd my whole life, but you are on the right track now!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 07:56
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Roch
If you're a carbohydrate addict, why don't you go over to the CAD/CALP forum here and take the test. If you test high, we'd be delighted to have you join our group of CADers. There's a lot of support and encouragement.

You can beat this!!! I'm glad you've come back!!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 08:02
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%
Default I've been down that road too.....

Hey Roch,

I know exactly how you feel....I gained back 40 of the 100 that I lost. The light at the end of the tunnel? Yup, there is one....you are back now and are still 45 pounds lighter.

I know you can do this....in fact.....I know we all can. We will have good days and bad.....but when it comes right down to it....our determination to be healthy will get us to our goals. It's not a race as we have learned.....but a journey.

Keep smiling,

Jo
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 10:48

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Welcome back!

Glad to see you back again. I remember seeing your name in the forums when I was a newbie

There is no point at all in bemoaning what has happened with your slip. However, if you have an idea what led you to it, that might help you avoid going down the same path again. Obviously, if you do everything exactly the same as you did last time, the results might end up the same as well.

I don't believe that Carb addicts (not to say that you are one.. I am though) fail because they are weak, lazy, gluttonous people. I think that as long as we eat in such away that our insulin is spiked all day long we will NEVER be able to resist the overwhelming urge to binge on carbs. I know I couldn't. I tried every diet out there and almost got my stomach stapled. I couldn't stick to any of them until I found CAD. I have done that for 9 months straight, lost 80lbs.. and I still love it. I am craving-free, and I get to eat some of my favourite foods every night at dinner. For me, it has been a miracle.

We are all on the same journey and I wish you nothing but success. I plan to be around the TDC for a long, long time, so I for one will be here to cheer you on in your battle

Take care!
Tracy
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:53

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Welcome back roch! It is good to have you back again!! Glad you are back on track!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 14:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/265.2/135 Female 63"
BF:52.8%
Progress: 17%

You and I are in the same boat! At least now I can stop rowing in circles since I have someone to row on the other side now. Thank heavens you came to your senses when you did. I lost 70 and gained back 90. I'm a carb addict too. I keep telling my mom that someday they're going to find me on the side of the road passed out with a roll in each hand and one hanging out of my mouth. You can do it. We both can, we've proven it before. The good news is that you'll be feeling better soon. I'm only about 3 weeks ahead of you. I was feeling really horrible physically from eating carbs but I'm really feeling sooooo much better now. You will too!! The first couple of days are the hardest but you'll soon be past that and zooming right along. I'm so pleased you came back.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 16:56

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi there and welcome back! I, too, fell off the wagon for several months and had a gain. I came back to my senses in April 2003 and I am so glad for it. I wish you success!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 277/267/160
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Good for you.

Congrats on returning to what you know works. I lost 35 pounds on low carb last year and put it all back on but I am going down again.

It is frustrating to have allowed this to happen, isn't it? But winners never give up.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 18:09
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi Roch,

I'm sorry to hear that you gained 45 pounds, but glad to hear that you decided to take control of your eating. I think it is important after a lapse like that to make sure you understand why it happened so that it doesn't happen again. You've said you are addicted to carbs -- that is the first step -- but you still need to figure out why your addiction got the better of you after you had shaken it for a little while.

I remember you from when you were on the forum several months ago -- you were so desperate to lose weight quickly that I am wondering if that is what did you in. If I remember correctly, you kept going back to induction, went from low carb to low fat, and spent all your time looking for a very fast solution to your weight problem. It's been my experience that treating low carbing like a way of eating, instead of a diet, is less likely to lead to lapses and weight gain. Some people lose rapidly while treating it as a way of eating, but most of us lose somewhat slowly but steadily. I know you want to lose really rapidly, we all do, but if the weight doesn't stay off because we can't stick to the way we are eating, what is the point?