Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 11:35

Plan: Atkins/South Beach/Sugar Busters
Stats: 153.5/147.5/140
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Whole wheat tortillas

Wondering -- are the whole wheat tortillas as good for you as lo-carb tortillas? They have that higher fiber count...

I'm having a problem finding lo-carb tortillas and don't feel like making them (though I have the ingredients). I want something to take with me so I can continue on with my 'girls night out' that I used to be the bandleader of. The girls have been asking and asking when we're doing it again, but I'm a huge tortilla w/ queso LOVER.

I need some lo-carb tortillas to take with me!!! HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 12:03

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Are you averse to ordering on-line? I, too, have trouble finding the La Tortilla Factory tortillas in supermarkets near me. A local LC specialty store has them in their freezer, but I'd rather have them fresh, not frozen. I like to freeze them myself, because I put little pieces of wax paper in between each tortilla, so I don't end up with a frozen blob of tortillas. So, long story short, I order them on-line. Good luck with your LC journey!!!

EDIT: Don't know what the carb count is for whole wheat tortillas. I'm sure it's much higher than the 3g ECC for the La Tortilla Factory tortillas!

Last edited by paradise : Thu, Jun-19-03 at 12:06.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 12:13
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 178.5/174/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%

i order mine online as well, www.vitaglo.com... they have the cheapest prices by far, on most lowcarb items... if you spend $50 shipping is free and it doesn't take much to get to $50, believe me... i live near dc and people have said safeway carries la tortillas but i haven't checked yet...

i just had a tuna wrap with an onion tortilla for lunch - delicious!!!

~jodi
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 12:20

Plan: atkins, somewhat
Stats: 200/169/140 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 52%

i dont know if youre looking at some special whole wheat tortillas, but all that i have seen have about 20 carbs per with only 2 grams of fiber... thats not nearly as good as the 3 found in the low carb tortillas. You shouldnt have that much of a problem finding them. Check some speciality grocery stores like trader joes (if you have it) as opposed to the mainstream grocery stores. otherwise order them online.... unless of course these wheat tortillas youre talking about dont have 20 carbs in which case, its fine to eat whatever as long as the carbs add up.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 12:22

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

I'd love to have the homemade recipe
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 12:54

Plan: Atkins/South Beach/Sugar Busters
Stats: 153.5/147.5/140
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default RE: receipe

I believe I found it in here a while ago.

I do believe I printed it up, so I'll search around the house tonight and try to post it over for ya.

We have no Trader Joes here in FL, or at least St. Pete. No Safeway either.

I did look into the websites, but one place said I needed to keep my tortillas cold and the packs that they used cost like $5 each. And you're supposed to use 1 cold pack per pack of tortillas!! I certainly see how $50 creeps up quickly in cases like that.

Thanks for input. I breezed across something on another thread about mexican food, and forgot corn tortillas are pretty low carb (if I remember right). The consistency is weird, but I could probably slather enough queso on them to offset that. And a sangria might help (gotta slip in that red wine!).

Thanks!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 12:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/rrecipe005.html

Hi Rick -- this is found on the orange bar at the top of the page under low carb recipes, members section -- I've never tried them, I buy the LaTortilla, you can find whole wheat and I love the garlic & herb and then the green onion ones. I found them at our local grocery store (Albertsons), but also at the health food stores.

HTH
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 13:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

I got mine at netrition. I think their shipping is only $4.95 for the entire order.