Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 09:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/122/107
BF:?/24%/20%
Progress: 73%

Added in 20 more of everything. 20 squats, 20 crunches, 20 lunges
I also had 3 all beef hotdogs, which took care of my hunger. So hopefully we can make it until lunch without breaking. I am surprised how good I am doing.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 09:05

Ok Ok ok I admit...I have been really bad, slipping back into old habits of high sugar and low exercise. I am hoping to change that right now! I have 2 new goals.

1) My 4 yr anniversary is in 27 days. I really would like to fit into my wedding dress. I don't think I could have put it on even 6 months after my wedding.

2) My DH and I have decided to expand our family in about 3 months. I really would like to be a bit smaller weight wise before I get preggie. Although, I am happy with my actual weight

I am finding that when I first hit below 125, I thought how wonderful I looked. I have currently been about the same weight, +- a couple pounds, for the last 3 months. I was happy with those results, but no longer. I see that I am worse than I thought. I see a lot of flab and overhanging fat. I really need to get into my healthy weight zone on 107-117. I still have a ways to go.
It's funny to think that 7 1/2 months ago, although I didn't look tooo heavy, acorrding to every measurement, I was "morbidly obese." Several health shows and scales said that it was true. I am now only slightly. I am pleased for that. I really don't want to be over weight at all and think with some pushing and distractions, I can drop the last 14 pounds.

Start: Did
20 lunges
20 squats
20 crunches
20 butt lifts
20 leg lifts each leg
and several (didn't count) ...lay flat on ground, bring knees up and twist lower body.

I hope that I can get more in. I really hope that in a month or so, we will have enough money set aside to do my first exercise machine purchase. I figure I really could use it while I am expecting...but first things first. My new goal is to start out slow and build up I will start with atleast 15 minutes a day for the first 3 days, then add 5 minutes at a time and stick to it for atleast 5 days a week. I am really wish I can keep it up...before I was doing 30-45 minutes. I think since I stopped doing it, I am starting to feel less energetic. The problem is trying to fit it into my day. I know I can't do it in the morning every time...since I will be watching some kids as early as 6am. anyhow....1st goal, 4 weeks and counting. I will keep you updated on my progress. Maybe if I do the 15-20 min. 5 days during the week and really push it on the weekends (no extra kids), I could fit in atleast 30-45 minutes...maybe not continuous at first, but soon! I hope!!!!

Dani
  #168   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 18:52

so much for being good today. I did get in some good exercise, but blew it on everything else. I hope I can do better tomorrow and for the next 4 weeks. I am such a flake to give in. I don't have much time to pull myself together.... when will I get it through my thick skull that I can't lose more by cheating...yes I can maintain, but I don't want to...want to be smaller!!!!!

Dani
  #169   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 03:33

Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%
Default Howdy

Long time no post! I'm back in Korea - it seems the only time I have to get online is when I'm on a business trip. Only a week, this time. I've even been good so far, although it's next to impossible to do an overseas flight without eating too many carbs.

Having another, are you? Good luck! I hope things work out well. Is there a forum for lowcarb while pregnant?

I'm still hanging around at 138 - it appears to be my destiny. I think stress has something to do with it - I'm always under a lot, no matter where the job takes me. I don't get to work out as much any more - which is too bad. That's another thing I have time for when I go on a trip.

Anyway, wanted to stop by and say hi. You're doing great!

Take care
  #170   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 08:35

Angry

I'm just mad at myself. I am up one pound today, yes I have been fluctuating at 1/2 pound intervalls, but still. AGHHHHHHH
Must have very thick skull.....I did get in some exercise this morning.
20 squats
60 leg lift crunches
20 reg crunches
20 reverse crunches
20 pelvic twists (both sides)

I think DH wants to take the kids to a movie, so I will most likely have popcorn, but that should be my only cheat today....lately it has been a snack size bag of chips (17g) a cupcake (30 something), a full candybar (34g) yeterday had a biscuit ( god only knows how many) and a few bites here and there of the kids mac and cheese. I have been bad, I haven't even wanted to write it down...I feel like I stole or something. I know I say I want to mend my ways, but looking at what I have been eating says something else. If I am not happy with the way I look now, I really need to cut back!!!! I also need to up my exercise. I need a friend, someone who will ask me at the end of the day, did you exercise, what carbs did you eat...then gentle tell me that I can't get to my goal if I eat so many carbs...so try again tomorrow..and when you feel the urge to snack, do something else...like write in your journal and do 20 crunches, and drink a glass of something. Maybe I can let my inner person be my guide. I can do this. Although I am having popcorn today, it isn't the end of the world, especially if that is all I am having.

Dani
  #171   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 08:05

Well, I did get some exercise in this morning. Not much, but every little bit helps right?

20 crunches
20 leg lift crunches (each leg=40)

I really hope to get more in and to be good today. I really was pretty good yesterday, only had popcorn and small amount of chow mein noodles. I mostly picked out the meat of the teriyaki chicken and mongolian beef. I did eat a lot of popcorn yesterday though. If I could just get my body into the teens, things would be good I am working towards my goal and am going to try really hard!!!!
  #172   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 19:14

Well, TOM has screwed me up once again. Although, I have gotten more active with my exercising. I have been concentrating on my legs and arms versus abs right now. I have been doing donkey kicks, leg lifts, etc.
I thought about it today and am using my drill motor as a weight and doing curls etc with it.
Do to tight finances, the gazelle and total gym are on hold for a bit.
Part of the new me is facing some fears. I am doing better with dealing with the public. I still feel that people are looking at me and saying things about me everywhere I go. My biggest fear is heights and extreme coasters. I am trying to arrange for DH and I to go to Magic mountain. We'll see I will keep my fingers crossed. I know I am not to my total body I want, but I think I can put on something sexy and really enjoy myself...afterall I think with my biggest supporter by my side..I think I can!!!!

Dani
  #173   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 07:37

I've really been keeping up with my exercising. TOM really had me messed up on the scal this time, running about 2-3 pounds over normal. I am actually down this morning to about 120 1/2. I am going to try and really keep up the exercising. I have found that doing the leg activities and even doing some jogging in place, doesn't wear on me as much as the variations of crunches, so I have more energy to go longer and do more.
Well, it looks like Magic mountain is on hold until our anniversary. No matter, gives me more time to finish losing and firming.
Usually I look in the mirror and see how much I still have to work on...today, for some funny reason, it looked good...mu pooch from the babies was nice and small and it has given mea good jump for the day. I have been watching these 2 boys early in the morning, sometimes as early as 5 am, so now I am usually up no later than 6...that's nice, gives me more time to clean and to work out. Well, I did get 20 crunches in today, want to get my leg things done....will chat later.

Dani
  #174   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 10:37

I am really proud of myself. I really have been keeping up with the exercising, everyday so far for the last week... I have been putting it on my dry erase calander on the frig. I think by looking at it, I feel I have to do it, so I can write it in.
Yesterday DH, the boys and I spent 1/2 day at Disneyland. We got a lot of walking in. I found it interesting that ice cream I used to eat all completely by myself, left me feeling full and almost sick to my tummy. It's nice to know that my stomach must finally be shrinking. I am finding that I am eating less and feeling satisfied. I am also finding that I have missed a meal, and haven't felt starved and pigged out, just because I missed it. I used to miss a meal, then double or triple up on the next meal to make up for it.
It's nice to get beyond some of my old habits. I know I won't be able to get past all of them, and that is fine. I have really learned how to watch myself and the scale. I have also leaned a lot about exercising and that it is important and that by missing or skipping it, doesn't work well for my new way of life.

I have put in atleast 40 some crunches and that and more donkey kicks. Several curls etc. I try and do it throughout the day while watching tv. I am also getting the boys down to see grandma and grandpa today for a little while and DH and I are going to have the afternoon off. So, that's that for now. Back to some more exercising...oh yeah, also loaded the truck for the dump, lifting wood etc. so good bye for now....more exercise and things to get done.

Dani
PS extra work paying off...came in at 119 1/2 this morning...hope I can hold on to it and drop it further. I am getting so close to my goal. I won't change it on my profile until I can hold it for atleast a week.
  #175   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 22:51

Well, of coarse the under 20 didn't last long. I guess all that extra walking was good for me and all the exercise I am doing at home isn't doin nothin. Pissy. I have been doing something everyday...I just don't have time to walk 4-5 hours like at Disneyland. My regular days, just don't permit. I admit I have been on my feet most of today....Doing a GIGANTIC spring cleaning overhaul. I'm not getting everything, but am really getting to most. I got the downstairs done, bathroom (under the sink), the kids toy room, the living room, dinning room, and some of the kitchen. I still have to do the up stairs. We did overhaul our bedroom a couple weeks ago, but my office will take atleast 1 whole day and then some. Then, there are the stairs...where I drop everything I think goes upstairs.
I will be watching dome kids tomorrow, so I will be busy doing that and not able to work on the house. The overhaul really started with trying to find some things that have been missed placed. I know they never left the house, unless the kids thew them away. Well, back to work.

Dani
  #176   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 13:30

Well, yesterdays work did pay off a bit, but I think I blew it today. I am trying to continuously exercise throughout today to make up for my mis-eating. With not so much to do today, I really need to work out a bit. I have been bad eating sugary sweets knowing full well that I shouldn't. Well, that's about it.

Dani
  #177   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:37

Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%

Hi! It's been a real long time, hasn't it? My job totally sux as far as time goes, so I have been having a hard time keeping the weight down. Yikes! Hoping to get some relief soon, though. You seem to be doing great! Keep it up.
  #178   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 21:24

Plan: healthy eating/water/walk
Stats: 163/155/120 Female 5'4 and 1/2
BF:?/28%/20%
Progress: 19%

I know you haven't posted in your journal in a while, but just in case...I was wondering how much trouble you had going from 162 and losing the first 20-25 lbs? And if you had any advice to give....
thanks,
I'd be so proud of myself if I were you, to go from 162 to 122 with kids and the house cleaning and I think anyone getting that close to their goal is amazing...
congrats on so far
-mildwild