Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 15:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Angry I switched to BFL for a week and gained 6 pounds!

I was originally planning on combining BFL fitness with Atkins diet but once I read the book, it just seemed like it would make more sense to do the whole program. Well...I've eaten 6 low-fat meals a day with protein/carb at each meal and veggies at two of them. I'm eating every 2-3 hours but I'm STARVING! I haven't been satisfied all week long...and I've gained six pounds. I was going to give it a month before making any firm decisions but I can't afford to lose any more ground so I'm going back to Atkins...starting today. Now I've got to detox from all the carbs again so I'm sure I'm going to have a few miserable days... I'll stick it out, though, because I know how great I'll feel once I'm back on the program. I don't know what possessed me to ever leave it. The grass is always greener, I suppose...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 15:21
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I am doing Atkins & the BFL workout program kind of but not their "nutritional" program.

How come you did not try to do Atkins and BFL workout part instead. Just curious.

Peace
red
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 16:06

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

I'm not sure if you were actually doing ATkins before starting BFL but, if that was the case, the weight you gain by eating more carbs in the first week, or even first few days, is water weight - part of the same weight lost during Induction. Carbs just hold more fluid in their fiber - not that I'm recommending BFL nutrition. It wasn't for me just because I saw no science behind it and didn't like the idea of eating "whatever you want" one day per week. One meal, maybe.

Anyway, don't fret, I promise it really is just excess fluid.

Jinx
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 16:26
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 215/185/150
BF:
Progress: 46%

Thanks for the good info that's good to know as I was thinking down the line when I've lost more weight to maybe switch programs
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 18:46
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Blatla,

Have you read the "sticky" LC and BFL - Tips and hints? It's at the top of the BFL forum.

Rosebud
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 19:45

Stats: 152/140/130
BF:
Progress: 55%

Oh red1cutie - I'm trying the BFL and atkins combination also, but I've found I just seemed to need to bump up the carbs a little now that I've started these workouts. I have gained a couple of punds also - I'm into week #2. Did you find the need to increase your carbs? I'm at about 30 grams of carbs a day. I just couldn't stay on the induction once I started the BFL workouts (I'm really struggling to get those last pounds off).

Blata - I don't know about you but I feel great with these workouts (a little sore but....GREAT).

Good luck and thanks for the support
MaryMac
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 14:23

Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

The reason I wanted to give BFL nutrition a try in the first place was because I was having a hard time getting through my workouts (the FIRM, Tae Bo, Pilates) even before trying BFL workouts so I was afraid I'd never be able to get through the weight training on low-carb. Yes...I ready the Sticky...but it just seemed too complicated. I'll re-read it now that I'm back on Atkins. Since I was off for a whole week, I'm back to induction. Once I finish induction, though (I probably won't do the whole two weeks...maybe one), I'm going to bump it up to 35-40 carbs and see how the workouts go (I was at 30 before).