Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 17:10

Plan: Atkins 06/01/03
Stats: 205/202/135 Female 64 inches
BF:NA/41.7/25%
Progress: 4%
Default WOE start 06/01/03 & 70 pounds to Whoosh!!!

Hi ,

Starting this thread for everyone who started Atkins WOE around 1st June and have about 70 pounds to loose.
This way we could create a support group and get some good advice from the senior members!!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 17:12

I thank Rozleanne for coming up with this idea!!

#3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 17:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/325/200
BF:
Progress: 0%

You are welcome Kranti.

I'll start. I started this WOL on 06/09. I have about 130 pounds to loose and right now I am craving just on finger of peanutbutter... Please???????
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 17:26

Smile

Thanks for joining in Rozleanne!!

Lets make it interesting!! would u like to go for a 4rth July challenge? I intend to remain on Induction till I reach 135 pounds.

I am looking of a total loss of 20 pounds by 4rth July!!

#5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 18:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/244/175
BF:
Progress: 8%

Well I'll chip in.

Hi all. I'm new

Started LC'ing this Monday, 6/09/03. I weighed right about 250 when I started ... actually maybe a couple of pounds over that according to my scale (which is the reason I decided I had to diet. Now I'm back down around 248.

I've been eating about 6-8 eggs per day, small salads, bacon, pork chops, fast food biscuits minus the biscuit, McDonald's double cheeseburgers minus the bun, cheese sticks for snacks, water, and Diet Rite.

It's the end of day 3, and as I type I'm eating my dinner of 2 warmed-over pork chops I grilled Monday (with some Ms. Dash on 'em) and three scrambled eggs. Oh, and tangerine Diet Rite.

I think I may have been overeating the first couple of days simply out of fear of getting hungry. But I've found, as many have told me I would, that my appetite is very controlled. Oddly enough, I'm having a hard time finishing these 2 pork chops and 3 eggs. As long as I get my cheese stick snacks in between meals while at work, I don't really get hungry. I plan to try some pork rinds later on this week (even though I've never liked the darned things).

How's my diet sound to you guys? Here's what I ate my first day.

breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with slice of fat-free cheese (it was the only cheese I had at the time )

snack: 2 full-fat cheese sticks

lunch: McDonald's side salad with 1/2 packet of Ranch dressing and three double cheeseburgers minus the bun.

snack: 2 full-fat cheese sticks

Dinner: 3 hard-boiled eggs, 2 pork chops, 4 strips of bacon.

Water accompanied most of those meals as well. I've also gone back to drinking my morning coffee with two creamers and two packets of "the pink stuff."

Anyway, my long-term goal is about 170-175. I'm not real sure as charts indicate I should weight 165 or even less. I just can't imagine myself weighing that little. Anyway, my more immediate goal is just to get under 200 pounds and stay there for the rest of my life. Will I be overweight again someday? Sure I will. And I will weigh 199 pounds

I plan to stay on induction until I get to 200, then I'll maybe add some carbs and some exercise (maybe go back to weightlifting) and see what I can do to get down towards 170-175.

Happy eating!

--Aaron
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 18:35

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to the club!!

Vow!! that is a lot of food... I have rather small appetite.

What do you do for physical activities?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 09:47

Default My average meal

Hi

I start my day with 1 glass of water.

Breakfast: 1 egg or 1 morning start Atkins Bar

Lunch: 1.5 cups of salad with organic ceasar dressing. 3 strips of chicken tenderloins OR 0.25 pounds of fish OR 2 skinless boneless thighs grilled on my GF grill

Snacks 1 cup of tea with 1 pack of splenda and heavy cream. Sometimes if I am hungry I have the protien chips with salsa or sour cream

Dinner: 1.5 cup salad with homemeade dressing with salsa and guacamole. 3 strips of chicken tenderloins OR 0.25 pounds of fish OR 2 skinless boneless thighs as any Atkins or low carb recipe.

Supplements: 1 multivitamin & 1 calcium

Right now I don't excercise. I used to do it before but don't find the energy to do it now. I am much better than my initial week of induction. By next week i should have a proper routine.

I hope i am going in the right direction. Would love if the seniors could share their comment on it!! After all I am a first timer on Atkins and don't want to do it wrong and drop out.

I luv this site
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 11:44

Hi guys!!

We are looking for buddies with 70 punds to loose. Join if you are new!!

another day without cheat
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 11:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 06/07/2003
Stats: 210/200/160
BF:32.3%
Progress: 20%

Hi all

I started induction this past Saturday 7th June.

I have set myself some mini goals but not put a time limit on them. Im off on vacation (hopefully) end of August/beginning of September and would love to lose as much as I can before then. To at least drop 14lbs plus would be great as I havent been that weight in quite a few years.

I have found the support on here so far to be excellent and got some helpful tips and advice.

Having some buddies to post to and compare notes with would sure make things easier - as Ive said in previous posts, its always nice to know your not climbing the mountain alone!!

So far Ive found induction to be OK and not too difficult at all. First day I was feeling real sick. Actually threw up twice (not nice I know) and had the migraine from hell. Since then Ive felt steadily better. Im not exercising at the moment as Im moving house soon and am finding myself busy enough organising that. As soon as I move I do intend to start with a walking plan and maybe some swimming (if the pounds drop a little).

Ill check this post from time to time - good idea to have these support threads.

tc

Longsox
xx
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 11:54
Registered Member

p.s. to previous post

I realise my target weight means I dont have 70+ to lose. Ive set that temporarily (I would like to go a little lower). Didnt want to scare the pants off myself by making it too low, lol.

Longsox
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 09:40

Hi guys!!

I am running out of ideas for breakfast. Growing tired of eggs and the morning start bars. We eat eggs, chicken, lamb and fish.

Today I had an egg and I am hungry already!!

Pls give me some tips.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 10:15

Cool

Hi,

I see that some of u just look at the posts!! Please join in and encourage our efforts!!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 14:23
Registered Member

Hi all,

Ideas for breakfast - well I dont know how this will grab you but...... I read on here somewhere about nuking pre-packed cheese slices (I'm sure you have to check for carb content first). Apparently when they are nuked they turn into a cracker consistency and you can spread em with peanut butter or cream cheese. I havent tried them myself yet, but the post I read said they were delicious. After induction I think I will try them out as a snack or for breakfast.

I know the eggs get tiring. Ive had the same breakfast for 7 days now and feel that if I see another egg I'll scream, lol. Cant wait for induction to be over in the hopes I can at least have some low carb cereal or something different. For breakfast I have 1 or 2 fried eggs, bacon and some mushrooms fried in a little butter.

Hope the nuked cheese things give you something new to try

tc all

Longsox
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 14:53

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 302/292/200 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I have at least 70 to lose. I will figure out how much when I get closer. I would love to join the club. I started LC in the middle of May. Good luck to everyone .

I have been eating a lot of eggs as well; however, I am out of my first two weeks. I have been eating Keto hot cereal for breakfast with a touch of cream and butter. It isn't bad. I think it has 3 net carbs. It has to be eaten hot to hold the consistency, but it reminds me of oatmeal.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 15:44

Thumbs up

Welcome Jess!!
Thanks for the cheese cracker idea. I will try it sometime. I plan to continue induction for a while till I loose atleast 50 pounds. After that i will move to OWL. I hate oatmeal.... does the keto cereal taste the same? I am just to bugged with eggs... I eat more and I will start clucking... lol I have to look for an alternative soon.
I also found out that I was consuming just ~ 1000-1200 calories a day and my carbs were much below 20 grams. I guess that was the reason for no energy and also TOM.
Today I have increased my intake and increased the fat as well. I plan to take it to atleast 1600 - to 1800 calories. Hopefully by next week I should be feeling much better and be able to start excercise all over again.
Luv u guys!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.