Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 09:10

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default my first day of REAL induction...

I've been on my own "induction" for about a month and lost a lot of weight. I never went over 20 carbs (well... occasionally I did) but I ate a lot of bars, shakes and SF candy. Now I'm cutting out all the fake foods and starting a real induction where I only eat REAL foods (along with some SF jello ). I lost a good amount of weight doing my own induction, but now I'm stalled and I want to lose more weight. Wish me luck... I've had a real bad craving for some SF candy and it's only my first day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 09:12

BF:

Oh and I'm also starting my exercise plan today... now that school's out. Bike for 2 miles, then go to the workout room and run on the treadmill for 25 min. Then do 100 sit ups and some weight lifting. My brother is a big athlete so he has a weight bench and tons of free weights, so luckily, I can do that at home and spend less time at the workout room.

I'm going to do this everyday except mondays... when the workout room is closed.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/214/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Heidi;

Congrats on doing so well up to now

I started induction 8 days ago. I have found that when I am really craving something sweet, I can eat 1 or 2 "Tic-Tac" mints. This will usually resolve my craving -- they have 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugars. They also come in about 5-6 different flavors (and they make your breath smell good too!!!).

Give this a try. It has helped me a lot. I now only crave sugar maybe once a day....when I first started, I was craving it ALL DAY (since I was a major Coca-Cola-aholic).

Good luck
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 10:47

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Thumbs up

Good for you, cranking up your program! 2 suggestions-don't forget to drink your water - and sugar-free jello is allowed, even on induction (no carbs, made with Splenda). It has kept me on the path many, many times! It comes all made in puding cups at the store, or you can buy the boxes and make your own.

Remember-you are worth it. You will feel so much clearer and more energetic-Good Luck, Dear!

#5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 11:22

BF:

blemay, wow thank you SO much for the tic-tac tip!!!! I will DEFINATELY give that a try!! thanks so much

Jannie, I'm glad to hear Jello is allowed !!! The only kind I found at the store (or the kinds you mae yourself) were made with aspratame. :-/ . I use it to make the gummy bear recipe I found on the board. Jello with a little whipped cream is also delicious . Thanks so much for the support guys!!!

(I just got back from my 2 mile bike ride and feel GREAT)

Last edited by HeidiN : Wed, Jun-11-03 at 11:25.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 12:40

Stats: 177/145/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally posted by HeidiN

Jannie, I'm glad to hear Jello is allowed !!! The only kind I found at the store (or the kinds you mae yourself) were made with aspratame. :-/ .

Try Jolly Rancher brand sugar free jello - it's made with Splenda.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 12:56

Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

After two weeks on induction, I was dying for some sort of dessert! I found Atkins Endulge ice cream at my local Trader Joe's store. Tastes just like the real thing, but only 4g net carbs per serving. The really great thing is that the ice cream is pre-packaged in to single serving cups, no no guessing as to portion size. According to DANDR, the vanilla and chocolate flavors are allowed on induction (in moderation of course! )

Robin
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:15

Stats: 177/145/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Isn't that vanilla the best? My local Albertson's just started carrying it. Of course, I sometimes wonder how they can make it taste so good, and it still be low carb
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 15:33

BF:

I am so tired I could die. So far today, I've biked 4 miles and ran 2 miles. It only took me 20 min to run the 2 miles... a new record for me . I still have the 100 sit ups and some weight lifting to go. And I've had 186oz of water.

I'm pretty proud of myself for today. I had chicken legs for breakfast and lunch along with some sunflower seeds.

I looked around for the Jolly Rancher Jello (in the mixes you make yourself) and couldn't find any. Do you have to buy it ready made? and do they taste better (or do they atleast taste like jolly ranchers??) than regular jello? :x:

The ice cream sounds sooo good. However, for the next month or so... I'm going to try to cut out all the "treats" to get myself weened off of it. I might have those things on occasion, though. Like 4th of july maybe, because it's a tradition that we always make homemade ice cream that day. There are some great recipes for ice cream here!

thanks for your tips!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 15:50
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Sunflower seeds are a nono on induction. Grab one of those lists that has all the acceptable foods to make it easier on yourself.

The only way I 've seen the Jolly rancher jellos is ready made, and of course they don't have the sugar free here. Growl I hate living in middle of no where.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 15:57
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 175.5/164.0/150.0 Female 5'11"
BF:34%/29%/24%
Progress: 45%

The sugar free Jolly Rancher Jello cups...where are you finding them? I don't believe I've seen them here in St. Louis..but I'm going to search high and lo cause they sound FABULOUS!!!

Have you seen them in powder form, like boxed Jell-o?

Thanks
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 17:41

BF:

NOOOOOOO..... I can't live without the sunflower seeds