Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 15:55

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 168/155/135
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default strange how I don't want carbs anymore

I know some people have a really hard time being addicted to carbs. For me, I suffered so much trying low fat diets that being able to eat yummy real food is like a dream. I don't even want carbs anymore except for the convenience factor.

I truly realized how much I don't need carbs in my life anymore the other day. Me and my friends and our dogs were doing a demo of flyball (a dog sport) for some elementry school kids at the local library.

They loved it and the parents were so grateful one of them bought us ice cream cones. All the sudden DQ cones were being handed out, I couldn't say no, it was such a nice jesture. I rationalized that I have always been so good watching carbs, so I started to eat it. It was ok, but halfway through I just felt aweful, my stomach started hurting and I was feeling guilty for eating something I didn't even want.

So I deftly passed it to my dog, with out anyone noticing. (My dog Amber was like "DUDE! I have hit jackpot!") I can't believe I have reached a point where I sneak tossing out ice cream, just a few months ago I would be in front of an open freezer door with a spoon in my hand straining to hear if someone was coming while I shoveled it into my mouth.

Last edited by Laura D : Tue, Jun-10-03 at 15:56.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 06:50

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 215/174.6/150 Male 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

"I don't even want carbs anymore except for the convenience factor."

Isn't that the truth. I really like not feeling hungy all the time. That's what carbs do to me.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 07:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

It's a miracle for me too. I never would have believed that pasta and bread hold no attraction, have no power, no pull for me.

NEVER NEVER would I have believed that.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 08:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/150/135 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default That is so true!

I never would have believed that I could have given up pasta without even a little craving. I used to eat it once a day, and would find myself craving it even after a big meal. It was my favorite easy and cheap meal - that I now blame for my progressive weight gain (along with other baddies that I am now aware of!). When I read Atkins' book, I was just in shock saying - this is me he's talking about! I have not eaten pasta since March, and I don't even want it. This WOE is absolutely amazing!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 09:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206.5/169.0/145 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 61%

DITTO!

I have to say, I don't miss the pasta,even the breads! Guess eating those fats are keeping us full and happy and losing weight! Whodda thought?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 09:03

Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I never would have guessed I could live without bagels! They hold little attraction for me now and that is just amazing to me.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 09:36
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I had a LC chocolate bar and thought it was way too sweet. Since starting this WOE berries and cream ate about as sweet as I can stand.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 14:03

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 168/155/135
BF:
Progress: 39%

Yes, I agree that I am much more sensitive to sweet things now that I don't add sugar to food.

I had some red bell pepper in a meal the other day and it tasted much sweeter than I remembered before LC, almost like a ripe plum.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 18:33

Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

What's great is that that sweet sensitivity, once found, never seems to go away. Even when I "took the path to the dark side" after lowcarbing forever (I call it the call of Darth Garlic Bread), I never regained my desire for sweets. They were just too...sweet, enough to make my jaw ache.

Gee, I can't imagine how much weight I would have gained back if I had gone back to that, too!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 09:55

Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

That's right, it's a miracle. I'm right here with all of you, carbs no longer are part of my life. I even have trouble eating at least 20 per day. Sometimes I eat an Atkins breakfast bar just for the carbs.

I've passed up apple pie ala mode with no problems. Never even gave it a thought when I told the waiter to take it away.

My new favorite carb is red pepper with full fat salad dressing.

Magic