Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 16:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

OK...I just entered my FIRST day with Fitday. It wasn't hard.

I was surprised at how little calories I burned this morning, and CHECK OUT MY CALORIE INTAKE!!!! (My goal is 1400 per day)

PS: Don't laugh too hard.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...wner=MargieCase

Maybe this fitday thing IS a good idea. LOL
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 16:22

BF:

Oh!!! LOL!! Nevermind. I clicked on a report about mycalories, and it told me 2236, and I thought I ATE that many!!!! It was a report about how many calories my body is using.

ROFLMBO, I almost thought I was REALLY stupid!!!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 05:07
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Looks like you are getting the hang of it! Give it a week and you will wonder how you lived without it.

BTW-Type [*url] then your fitday link[/*url] but get rid of the asterix *-To make your link clickable.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:07

BF:

Fitday question:

OK, I wanted to enter scrambled eggs, I just added a little 1/2 & 1/2 and cooked 3 of them in a bit of butter. My scrambled egg choices are, "made from dry eggs"...or coupled with other things like muffins or sausage. Aren't dry eggs those things they use in the military and mix with water? It must be me.

I can get around this, of course, I just wanted to know if I'm missing something. I have scrambled eggs frequently on a tortilla
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:30
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

OK-

I would scroll down that egg page and choose Egg Omelet or Scrambled. Pick that and you should see a list of ingredients on the right. Click on just eggs. That should lead you to a page that has just eggs listed. You can then adjust your serving size. Add the half and half and butter separately.

I have yet to figure out how to make a recipe of different ingredients as a custom food.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 13:29

BF:

THANK YOU ALL !!!

I have another question. I was such a good girl and I measured the amount of cheddar cheese I used this morning on a little WW scale that I pulled out of the cupboard where I keep things destined for yard sale.

2 ounces of cheddar cheese. Fitday wants me to enter it as one cup of a certain number of tablespoons. How do I know how many tablespoons in 2 ounces?

Later tonight when I have more time, I will go read more on Fitday, I'm sorry to bother you guys.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 13:50

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

If you find "Cheese, Natural, Cheddar or American type" it'll let you enter it in 1oz slices.
Robert
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 19:45

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

My biggest Fitday trick is to always enter in the whole foods in ingredients. So if I make a cheese omelette it's a lot more accurate to choose 2 whole eggs, .5 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup cheese, than to choose what Fitday decides is a "cheese omelette."

Custom foods are also great. And if you have a full recipe, you can Fitday the whole thing, then divide it with a calculator and enter in a single serving.

You'll get the hang of it!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:04

BF:

Oh, I just clicked on the FIRST cheddar cheese choice. silly me; there was one at the bottom of the page too. thanks :-)

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends" :-)
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 00:36
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 132/131/106 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi! I LOVE fitday. I've only been using it for about a week, and it's the best. If the units are wierd I look up a conversion calculator (on google or whatever) then convert. I might end up using .27 of a cup or something like that. hey, it's accurate, right? Yeah i add all my ingredients seperately too, unless I eat out. Have fun!
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 01:32

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi wordlady!

I just looked at your fitday - fun isn't it . Hey, that soya milk you use is a bit heavy on the carbs - is some of this fibre? My little WW type scale has stopped working and I'm having to use an old style kitchen scale or guess everything now - it's murder. No wonder Americans try to stuff everything into cups.

You can count me in the BLT challenge. Ten kilos is actually a lot more than 10 pounds but I'm attacking it with the same vigor as if it were the last 10 pounds.

Good luck - fitday gets easier the more you use it.
Robert

P.S. I've seen yours so you can have alook at mine now .

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...wner=RCFletcher
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 07:25

BF:

Oh..thanks for pointing that out about the soy milk. I have been putting in the real carbs for stuff. The carbs, for example, are 5, but the fiber is 4. Should I go make it 1 in the custom foods? It doesn't subtract the fiber for me.

Your post has just made me realize I was much lower in carbs yesterday than I thought, and THAT ROCKS!!!!