Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 141.5/119/105 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Induction Lunch ideas wanted

Just started induction and i'm having trouble thinking of things for lunch. The problem is I'm at work, I don't plan ahead I just run to the store across the street. We have a microwave and a can opener (lol)
Yesterday I just got some (all natural, no preseratives) Turkey Breast about 6 slices and rolled it up and ate it, with a side of cucumber and a small bag of pork rinds
Problem is I eat at my desk and I like to munch a long time. I'd rather eat something long and slow than a quick something
I love dips but what can you dip in them?, I like tortilla chips or crackers but no more
so give me some suggestions for time consuming munching
maybe i'll start planning in advance from now on
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 10:02

Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

I used to eat at my desk, too. I would eat celery, raw broccoli and cauliflower dipped in ranch or cream cheese spread on celery. Also kept string cheese in the fridge at work and cliced ham/salami (both good rolled around cream cheese. After induction you can keep almonds or macadamia nuts at you desk, too. Bring premade-at-home tuna or chicken salad and scoop it up with celery.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 10:39

Stats: 235/208/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

my fav is a greek salad or chicken ceaser!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 10:47

Plan: Common Sense
Stats: 188/154.6/170 Male 67 inches
BF:?/12/10
Progress: 186%

I don't know if there are any places around that sell gyros, but eat those a couple times a week. Nothing on them and without the pita bread of course, they're still tasty.. must be all that grease
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 10:59
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 178.5/174/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%

i bring my lunch everyday and yes, it's a pain but it's much cheaper... i usually have a salad with cucumbers, peppers and sometimes tomatoes... i put tuna on it as well and have some slices of cheese and/or celery sticks... there are some great dressings out there - krafts 3 cheese and ceaser ranch are exellent or make your own with olive oil and red wine vinegar...

or you can bring hamburgers with cheese... chicken mixed with peppers, onions and tomatoes... leftover steak or shrimp... it sounds boring but after induction, you can add more stuff...

~jodi
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 11:20

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%
Default salad

I bring a salad almost every day. Boring, huh?
Well it keeps me loosing. Sometimes I have leftovers (meat and veggie). If I don't bring anything then I have to go out and I usually still buy a salad.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 11:30

Plan: First Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/160/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I alternate between bringing in and buying but I too like to eat at my desk cuz I run for 30 minutes at a park across the street/

I bring in the following for lunch: smoked salmon and cream cheese and make roll ups,
Scoops of chicken salad and/or egg salad - very filling

Swiss cheese omelet

Chef Salad

Leftover rotisserie chicken nuked in the microwave - mmmm
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 11:36

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

During Induction, I prepared some egg salad with extra mayo, stocked the office frig with a variety of my favorite cheeses, and dipped pepperoni wrapped with egg salad to go with the cheese.

It gets tiresome after a while, but it was good for a week or two.

Hope this helps.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 18:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I also ate salad every day, my local grocery store makes a great spinach and romaine salad with red pepper and a little red onion. One would do me two days. Sometimes I would have a couple of slices of cold meat, beef or ham, and other days leftover hamburger patty or italian sausage. Of course I always took hard boiled eggs for those times in between when I needed a snack. I also kept cheddar cheese in the fridge and I found some fairly low carb pepperettes. Also pork rinds, although the taste of them pales fairly quickly with me.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 18:32

Stats: 211.2/198/137 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 13%

For a quick lunch at work I like to pick up some buffalo wings and dip them in blue cheese. Good and spicy, but messy at the desk. (Still worth it). Queen Bee
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 18:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/240/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I'm on atkins now for only 4 days so what Iv'e done so far for lunches is eat the night befores leftover meat and veg for lunch. burger or chicken dipped in mayo. Lots of h20. So far, so good. lost 6 lbs so far. flutterbye
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 19:07

Stats: 141.5/119/105 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default thanks all

I think the key is planning ahead. I have 2 leftover chicken breasts from dinner tonight that I'll bring tommorrow. I stopped the salads because I was doing lowfat/lowcal for so long that's all I ate. I was hoping eating meat/protein would help me start losing. We shall see
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 19:57
Registered Member

Stats: 257.5/237.0/215 Male 6 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Lunch Ideas

Here's one that is fast and not very expensive. Go to Wendys and get a side caesar salad and a Jr Bacon Cheesburger. Eat the burger without the bun or cut it up on top of the salad.. Cost about 2 bucks.....
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:09
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Chicken and turkey breast are good with dips. One of my favorite lunches is strips of turkey breast and red pepper with a side of ranch to dip both of them into. You could also try pork rinds with your dip -- some people like them, others don't.

--Ruth
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 21:39

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

To tell you the truth.. I was too lazy to figure out lunch ideas that I would just skip lunch all together. I know, it's bad for the diet, but I just got so sick of food during induction. However, if you're looking for something to munch, try sunflower seeds.