Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 10:31
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%
Exclamation The Firm Anyone?

I hope that I can mention The Firm workouts!

Recently I saw the Firm infomercial on tv. It looks really easy and I want to try it. You are guaranteed results in 10 workouts.
The 3 pc video set, the fanny lifter steps and the stick cost about 200.00 plus shipping. I went on EBay and the bids go up to as high as 60.00 plus shipping. I had an even better idea to save money if anyone is interested. I went to yahoo and did a search and found an informercial website. Infomercialshowcase.com
I ordered the vhs tapes for 14.95 plus 6.99 ground shipping.
I went to WalMart and found a Rubbermaid (I think) stepping stool that is about the same height as the two steps they sell put together for 6.33.
I got a friend of mine to cut me a piece of pvc pipe from his jobsite that is approx. the same length and weight as the stick they sell for nothing! (You could go to Home Depot and buy a wood or pvc tube for next to nothing.)
I already have a couple of sets of small pound weights.
I paid approx. 28.27 for my set vs. 200.00!
If anyone has any info. on the Firm workouts that they would like to share with me I would appreciate it. I have not started yet. My vhs tapes should arrive tomorrow! I can't wait!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 10:35
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey- lots of Firm believers in this forum! I'm sure you will enjoy the tapes.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:50

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 302/292/200 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default New firm tapes

I have been using the old set of Firm tapes with the step, and recently, I saw the new set with the dowel (sp?) Has anyone tried both the new tapes and the old? Are they worth buying?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 17:07
Registered Member

I used the 3 set Body Sculpting videos! I did the Ab Scultping and the Body Sculpting but not the Cardio Sculpting yet.
They are so easy! I love them and have only used them once!
I really feel good about these combined with Somersizing!
I feel like I can be a new person!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 20:18
empress of fashion

BF:

I have several Firm tapes and love them all. A good place to purchase exercise videos is www.collagevideo.com not only can you see a snippet of the actual video, there is a also a way to read others' reviews of it. Very helpful and they sell a wide variety of videos/dvds.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 11:07

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 130/119/110 Female 61
BF:??
Progress: 55%

Yes, I have The Firm along with the fanny lifter and they're great. I mainly do the Cardio Sculpt, but the Ab and Body Sculpt ones are good too. I noticed a difference in my arms especially, within weeks. I go to the gym to get my "real" cardio on the elliptical, but the weights are great in The Firm videos.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 09:36

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default kittykat

I was looking at your site. i just brought the firm tapes at walmat for 25 dollars.
iam so glad u meantion the ruber mate steps.
will go lookat them. so u got two of them and are they self when they are put together??? i now one is on the firm 6 in. and the other is 8 and then when u put together totla 14 inches in height.
Now can u tell me about the stick??? can u measure the inches and tell me what u need???
i only looked at one tape last nite and that was abs.
any help would be of great help to me. to save somemoney. but i want to do it right to. if you like gals we can be firm buddies to keeep going. email me any time.
ihave been exersicing now over 2 weeks. and have not stopped in fact getting better. that was my down fall for long time. stopping. Now am doing abs. 200< wts. soon the firm tapes. and walking. But my biggest thing that has made me so proud that iam doing is. On June 10. i started on tredmil training to RUNN 2 miles none stop. Will iam doing it. two days agao i went outside and did my first 2 mile s out suide on road. in 34 mins. last nite had to do 2 miles on tredmil. but am doing it. slow yes. but my main thing now is to get to point a -b and finsh. am doing it.
i always wanted to be a runner 2 miles. and iam doing it. hoppe in time gets better.
let me now soon on firm stick and rubbermate steps??
janet
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 09:43
empress of fashion

BF:

I found a step stool at Walmart that works just fine. As for the stick....I use a broom stick.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 10:11

BF:
Default Just wondering

Its me again. i was wondering if any one like me. finds it easier to have exersicie buddies to report to and to keep going. ??so if any one is out there whom like a exersice buddy on doing firm tapes or any exersice please email me. so we can keep going for our goals. just a thought.
jk4~netnitco.net

sure hope i can do these tapes. iam not that corenatted.
but hey if am just running none stop and never before then hope. for iam becoming a runner. slow but nonestop. ha.
hope i hear from you gals on the times or others even dieting.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 10:46
Registered Member

Hey!

I bought two steps at WalMart. They are both Rubbermaid.
One is a bigger one that was approx. $6.88 and the other one is a smaller one that was approx. $2.98. They are both gray/silver in color. The big one has a black top and the small one doesn't.
When they use the steps combined I use the big step and when they separate them...For the bigger one I still use the big step and for the smaller one I use my small step.

On the tapes that I'm using they don't use the stick so I forgot about it! The broom handle is a good idea though if you want to incorporate the stick.
I wonder why my videos don't use the stick. They use the fanny lifter...I have the 3 set...Cardio Sculpt, Ab Sculpt and Body Sculpt.

I have used all 3 tapes now. The cardio is a bit hard for me because I'm not very coordinated! I am sticking with the AB and Body Sculpt tapes for now. I did both yesterday.

Also, I bought 2 five pound dumbbells at WalMart yesterday for $2.98 each.

I could not live without WalMart! A friend of mine calls me WalMart Freak!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 11:42

BF:
Default firm

thank u. iam going to print what u wrote so i can take to walmar.>> My store tt. daughter works there.
i got my tapes there to. i dont know if mine has sstick or not. only looked at one. and that was for abs.
if they use stick in mine then i think will use broom to. that was great tip. my hubby was going to make my steps but going to walmart to see what i can find.
i have wts. 2.3 10lbs and one 5lb. better get another 5lb. to have 2.
i also have other weights to do down stairs with bench. i can not wait to get started.
like u iam not exserier friendly on alot of steps. my body seems to want to do diff. ha. iam glad you like those tapes. iam sure i will also. thank u . think this tape will help me into toning and shaping body as will. as my other exersicing. i can not belive iam so gun hoe with this. hope to hear oftern fronm u and others. on the firm.
janet
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 11:57
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Janet, I started running on the treadmill this week...for 21 mins...well I run 2 mins walk 1 minutes and do it 7 times for a total of 21 mins. When I get used to that I will move on to 3 minutes running.

You lost another pound Congrats. I am stuck at 158. Come visit my journal if you need an exercise buddy. I also fo BFL cardio, upper and lower body and interval program on treadmill.

Have a nice day.

Peace
red
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 19:39

Stats: 154/121.5/115 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 83%

Well, I had ordered mine about a week ago...but I sprung for the expensive one. Now I find that it takes 4-6 weeks to actually get it! I guess there are new tapes for the ones with the pole. I read on amazon that some people liked the old tapes better, and some the new ones. They are different tapes though. The old tapes just had the fanny lifter. Mine did not cost $200 though. With shipping it was $109. I guess when you buy it you get the free online support for awhile and I 'm not sure if that is worth it or not! Wish I would get them soon!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 12:00

Plan: Combination
Stats: 164/159.5/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Been away for a while...

I'd been using the firm for a little bit, but then got busy and stopped. Now, about 10 pounds heavier, I've decided to go back to them. Let's start a Firm Friends thread, and report to each other on it!