Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 17:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 166/166/139
BF:30
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I don't know what to do!

Hi, I am in to a month of the Atkins diet and still no loss. I have done everything I can think of to lose but still no budge on the scale. I am thinking that yeast is the only thing left to try and fix. Did anyone else have any proplems not losing on induction? I can't even get back into ketosis. I am so frusterated I dont want to give up. Please help, I really need some incouragement. Just so you all know, yes I am getting my water, I am eating enough carbs and fat as far as I can tell, my thyroid is fine, I don't take estrogen, and I do exercise. Any advice? I lost 75lbs. last year on a diet from a local hospital, and I wonder if this has something to do with the reason why my body won't lose any thing on atkins. I only have 25lbs left to go. I am 166lbs. now and want to achieve around 140lb area. I really need some encouragement,
Sincerely -Enique
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 17:21
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

I'm pretty new to all this still, so I probably can't offer much advice. Out of curiosity, what type of diet were you on before? is it possible to take that up again? Maybe it would work better for your body type.

Either way, don't give up yet, I'm sure someone around here might be able to steer you in the right direction, they are such a helpful group.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 17:23

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

Everyone responds to things differently, not every diet is for everyone, even Atkins. If I were you I would go back onto the diet that helped you lose the 75lbs.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 19:37
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

It depends on how healthy the diet was. If you were eating nothing but jello and broth, then I know I couldn't live the rest of my ilfe like that.

When you are really close to goal it can be hard to lose, and yes the yeast could be a problem, you might try the yeast free menus. That means no vinigar like mayo (they to make viniger free ones), and no cheeses or other molds.

You might try posting your daily menus here to see if anyone else can spot something besides yeast that could be a staller. Have you been measuring in case your gaining muscle weight?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 20:09

The diet I was on previously was two shakes a day and a low cal dinner. Total starvation, I need to find something that works for life! I am totally stunned by not losing anything when everyone else seems to be dropping weight every where! So please let me know what I should do different. I will post todays menu for you all to see

Breakfast was:
designer protein powder (1carb) with (1carb)soy slender milk
one egg (.6) mixed 1/8th cup cream (0) with 1 ounce porkrinds(0) for french toast receipe i found on the forum
LUNCH: was hamburger with garlic (1) with green pepper(3)
I also mixed this with sourcream (1) and cheese (2) then I had lettuce I wrapped it up in (1)

fOR SNACK:
Protein shake again(2) with soy slender milk and a piece of crustless pumpkin pie (i made) (3carbs)
DINNERne ounce of cheese and two boiled eggs.

My calculations come out to a total of 16.8 and then I had over 88oz of water so far and one diet rite.

Also please note that I just added the designer protein in this week. I have not been using it the entire time of induction. I just miss sweet things so bad...... Also I will eat a snack later on to make it 20carbs for the day. Sincerely Enique
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 20:49
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Have you tried not having quite so much dairy?

Part of the reasons for such a strict Induction is to remove the sweet cravings. While the shakes and pie are LC you might try cutting them out. Pumpkin isn't allowed on Induction. You had some form of dairy at each meal. Remeber it all has carbs, even the cream. Some people find any dairy makes a stall.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 21:57

Thanks for the reply but pumpkin is on the induction list in the new atkis diet revolution on page 128 I believe. I added so much dairy because I thought we were to incorporate fat with each meal. Thankyou and good luck! :daze
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 22:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/147/130 Female 157.5cm (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 65%

I would advise eating more veges - particularly brocolli, cauliflower, spinach, silver beet etc - I had read somewhere here that the more different veges you can incoporate the better for weightloss - also if you are not getting enough fibre you might be "retaining" the weight
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 260/235/130 Female 64 inches
BF:yes it is.
Progress: 19%
Default maybe...

your body needs a little time to recover from the "starvation" on the previous diet. It still thinks you are going to take the food away again at some point and is storing up.

It might take time but keep at it, eventually your body will switch out of defensive mode. Don't be surprised or too disappointed if you gain back a few pounds before that happens.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:11

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

you really need to try fitday.com to tally your totals for the day. i suspect you eating more carbs than you think - probably some hidden carbs in there lurking. it also looks like you arent getting enough fat.

remember your fats should be 60-75 percent, 20-30 percent protein and 5-10 percent carbs.

i would suspect that your fat intake is the culprit. to make sure i get enough fat i either eat pre-cooked bacon, nuts or cream cheese. bacon or cream cheese is the best because they have very little if any carbs.

also remember you are very close to your goal and will take longer to get results.

remember to measure - sometimes there will be no weight loss but a loss in inches instead.

i would keep on induction using fitday.com to tweak your diet.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:56

Plan: Smart Carb,Atkins,low fat
Stats: 197.5/189.5/150 Female 5feet 4 inches
BF:in a relationship
Progress: 17%

Hi I am another person who is having a difficut time shedding pounds. What I found is that there have been some hidden carbs where I wasn't counting them I am still on Induction and will stick with it until there is some movement. I am loosing inches and am in Ketosis. Perhaps you are having a change in size, and have you checked for ketosis?
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:12

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Thumbs up I agree!

Enique, I agree with Lilly and Jed's Wife. I'm finally at my first stall, and fitday will help me, so I will NOT give up either! Try logging into it and you'll see hidden carbs and probably not enough fats.

Personally, I would stay away from the peppers, the protein powder (even though it's new this week) and the soy milk. Stick to whole foods only. Don't go by the scale, because eventually the weight loss will show. Hang in there.

Do not go back to a diet based on sugars, which only spikes your blood sugar and increases appetite! That is too hard on your health, your kidneys, your liver! Plus, if it worked so well, why did the weight come back on again? That is hard on your hard-working heart muscle.

Don't give in. This method is tried and true. Hugs to you, ~Annie-Pie~
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 21:54
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hiya!
I would go right back to induction...strict. ONLY whole foods and only those listed. No shakes...etc...just the basics. I would do this untill you see progress...certainly for 2 weeks at least, before going on to OWL.

If after the two STRICT weeks of all whole foods you still do not have a loss, I would see the doctor.

Best wishes;
Jake
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 22:16

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Cut the cheese and shakes. Eat more FOOD.....as in some juicy steaks or hamburgers. You aren't eating enough food IN MY OPINION.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 00:31
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: // Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Enique ~

I agree with Nine & Jake - first, your body needs time to heal itself from the low-fat diet which probably was in starvation mode. Second, strict induction would probably be most beneficial.

If you haven't already read it, I highly recommend "The Secret to Low Carb Success!: How to Get the Most Out of Your Low Carbohydrate Diet" by Laura Richard. It's only $6.99 and chock full of information about the why's and how's.

ljm