Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 22:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/185/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default almost ate some m&m's today...... without knowing...

I was unpacking grocerys today and I gave my daughter some M&m's in a bowl and I put the rest of the pack on the counter... and when I was done unpacking I grabbed the bag, poured a handful into my hand and they came within 3 inches of my mouth before I realized what I was ACTUALLY doing!! Like I didnt even REALIZE I was eating candy...

that incident woke me up.. I had to put the cookies and candy in another spot in the cabinets where Im not frequently looking in durring the day...

I almost blew it today without even knowing!! eek...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 23:25
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

good for you catching yourself goodgirl
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 23:29

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

On the bright side, at least an accident with "chocolates" would be infinitely superior pleasure-wise to, say, an accident with white bread?

Talk about more bang for the buck! After all, in my view, chocolate is truly the *single" greatest flavor in the world.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 08:14
Registered Member

Stats: -/-/140
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: almost ate some m&m's today...... without knowing...

Quote:
Originally posted by ANewMe
I was unpacking grocerys today and I gave my daughter some M&m's in a bowl and I put the rest of the pack on the counter... and when I was done unpacking I grabbed the bag, poured a handful into my hand and they came within 3 inches of my mouth before I realized what I was ACTUALLY doing!! Like I didnt even REALIZE I was eating candy...

that incident woke me up.. I had to put the cookies and candy in another spot in the cabinets where Im not frequently looking in durring the day...

I almost blew it today without even knowing!! eek...

Isn't that terrible?? When the things we do are so second-nature that we don't even think about doing them? It's like driving to work. You just do it... day after day after day so it gets to the point where you don't even think about it anymore.

Kind of scary to think that this is the point where we've gotten to with our food. I completely understand. I've caught myself doing this before. The way my family eats is terrible. It looks like a candy store/bakery around here. They love their sweets. I just have to completely avoid the stuff!

Good for you that you caught yourself in time. Came out of your "trance" before you did the deed.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 08:32
Registered Member

Plan: ADKINS
Stats: 185/183/165
BF:
Progress: 10%

I TOTALLY understand!! I have done the same thing many times in the beginning. Luckily you caught yourself though!! :-)
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 09:36

Stats: 235/208/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I did the same sort of thing! I was in a restraunt with my neice and she ordered chocolate milk and it cave very big and full so I took a big gulp so it wouldn't spill! then I caught my self and went to the bathroom a spit it out! close call though.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 09:47

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Oh I think we have all done that in the early days, LOL, I certianly remember spitting stuff out after I realized what I just did Old habits don't die easy, do they

Cheers Kathy
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 15:47

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

You sound like me 2 days ago. There was an oatmeal pie on the counter. I grabbed it and halfway to my mouth I was like what am I doing??? I had not even realized it.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 17:08

Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

mmmm.....M&Ms. *drool*

I have to catch myself from licking the knife when I make the kids peanut butter and jelly. Yesterday I was helping to cut cake at a birthday party and licked the frosting off of my fingers. UGH. I wonder how long it takes to break these habits. LOL

~Angi~
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 18:08

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

before I started LCing I would always grab my friends dr.pepper and drink some. Well, the other day he had it sitting at the table and I grabbed it and took a big sip . Then I got mad at him for letting me drink it .
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 18:13

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

This has never really happened to me, but I dream that I do it all the time, a low carb nightmare!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 19:38

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

I also hav dreams that I'm eating candy and other high carb foods. then I wake up mad at myself for cheating. Then I realize that it was a dream... thank god!!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 20:41
Registered Member

Stats: 190/152/115 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 51%

yep! Preparing the families meals has been a hard one for me. Today I made them spegetti and like I always do, I got a few pieces of the spegetti on a fork to taste for doneness. I put it in my mouth and began to chew when I realized what I was doing. I ran for the trash to spit it out real quick! And it wasn't quite ready either LOL. I will have to learn some new ways to cook I guess.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 20:49
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
I got a few pieces of the spegetti on a fork to taste for doneness. I put it in my mouth and began to chew

I always like the throw against the wall to see if it sticks *g*
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 03:50
Registered Member

Stats: 231/175/160 Female 64 inches
BF:40%/31/??
Progress: 79%

um this got me to thinking.... I too used to catch myself sampling what I was cooking as if on auto pilot without even realizing it ... after almost 6 months on this plan I noticed that I don't do that anymore. Maybe I will actually make it this time :-)