Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 00:26
Registered Member

Plan: Basic Low Carb Plan
Stats: 142/135/125
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile yep....i need a buddy too

helllooooo

i would love to have a buddy (or some buddies) to keep in touch with and to keep eachother motivated!!

i have no one in my life that is trying to lose weight, so i'm kinda in this boat by myself. i've been doing good so far (started 4/30/03, lost about 5 lbs ), but it would be great if there were people i could communicate with that know what i'm going through...the good, and the bad.

a little about myself....

i'm 37 y/o
single mother
15 y/o son
stressful job...but with the way the job market is, i am very thankful i have it
i have a great sense of humor...geez, i sound like i'm trying to sell myself for a blind date!!

ok...enough of that

well...hope to talk to ya soon and have a great evening, day....wherever you are!!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 19:17
Registered Member

BF:
Default hhhmmmm.....

does every buddy have a buddy already...?

#3   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 17:06
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy nevermind

maybe i'll post another thread for a buddy in a couple weeks...

#4   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 03:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/205/147 Female 73"
BF:
Progress: 32%

HI Smylpurty!

I know whatcha mean about everyone having a buddy already... I think maybe the boards have been a bit quiet lately for one reason or another.

Well, I'll tell you a little about myself:
I'm 23, live with my fiance, getting married in Vegas 4 weeks today , work in a call centre (Although I'm a theatre designer - for every one employed artist there's 10 unemployed ones.), don't have any children yet - maybe in a couple of years and I have a good sense of humour

I'll be your buddy!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 18:08
Registered Member

BF:
Default hey rebsee!!

thanks for answering me!! wow, i was starting to think i was gonna have to do this on my own w/o a buddy. and i think everyone need a little support from time to time.

i just finished reading your journal, and first i want to congratulate you on you upcoming wedding!! i'm sure you will make a beautiful bride, no matter what weight your at!!

I'm very happy that you found a plan that sounds like it will work better for you. i'm eager to see all the improvement you will l make.
so far the plan i'm on seems to be going great, i just hope it continues!!

have a good day!!! and keep me posted on everything

oh....sorry to hear about your work problems...i'm sure all will get better
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 13:31

Plan: atkins (testing hf/mp)
Stats: 157/143.2/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:why i oughta...
Progress: 69%
Default hmmm...we both have about 10 to go

Hi:

I'm feeling stuck and could use a buddy, too. I live in California (central coast) and i lost 7 1/2 pounds the first 2 1/2 weeks and haven't lost a pound in the 2 weeks since then. In fact, i keep going up a pound or two then back to 140.5. I'm itching to hit the 130's!

I'm a writer and massage therapst with 2 grown daughters and a 14 y.o. son. I'm a single parent at this time, though i am in a relationship.

Humor is a great way to get past through dieting...although I look at atkins as more of a lifestyle than a diet.

Looking forward to hearing more from both of you.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 21:58
Registered Member

BF:
Default hey poetree!!

i would love to be your buddy too. yes, we do have similar goals. i'm sure you'll start losing again. i know it gets frustrating when you hit that stall, but then...whoosh!!! it starts falling off again. i haven't experienced too much of a stall on this woe (just a little one), but on other diets, i did, and i know it sucks!!

just keep drinking that water!! i have no problem w/ the water, but i have a big problem psyching my self up to eat alot of veggies!! that's my main problem. oh well...in time i guess.

keep in touch!!

#8   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 18:33

Default veggies

I know what you mean about the veggies. i'm not much of a salad eater, but I do love cheese, so I just make sure I put cheese in my salad (and lots of jicama--very sweet!) and smother veggies with butter and cheese as well.

I also have a hard time drinking water. I have to force myself. I drink quite a bit of sparkling water, but i know it doesn't count.

My biggest motivation is fitting into clothes that are too small. I bought a pair of shiny black jeans and I can't wait to wear them. I can get them zipped, but i won't wear them with the seams pulling...just because you can get them on, doesn't mean you should wear them in public.

Feel free to post your losses!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 22:37
Registered Member

BF:
Default I know what you mean!!

i hate to see women squeeze into something that is too small because they are in denial!! i can say that....because unfortunately, i was in denial when i couldn't fit into my size 5's anymore (and my size 3's).

i squeezed my a$$ into those things until i saw myself in the reflection of a window one day when i was shopping downtown...you know when you catch yourself out of the corner of your eye, and you say 'oh my'!! i was soooo embarassed that i let myself go outside like that!! anyways...i am proud to say that i am not in denial anymore, and my size 8/10's fit just fine...though i can't wait to get back in my 5's.

#10   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 23:51

Default oh yeah...the dreaded reflection

I know i used to tell myself the windows make your a$$ look bigger rather than admit that's what mine looked like following me down the sidewalk.

My big news today is I finally dipped under 140...to 139.8. I cheated the scale by weighing first thing this morning (140) and deciding I was probably only a bathroom visit away from the 130's. Well, it worked, even if it's back up tomorrow.

Amazing the head trips we pull, eh?
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 13:17
Registered Member

BF:
Default hey poetree!!

congrats on getting out of the 140's!!

i seem to be at somewhat of a stall ...i think i talked about this a couple days ago, so it might seem like i'm obsessing. well, that would be because i am!! i hate it. oh well. enough of that.

i think i need to start working out to get my stomach down. but i have a pinched nerve due to a slipped disc in my back, so it's really hard to do sit-ups, crunches etc. so i might get into something like pilates.

i don't know....maybe i'm expecting too much too soon.

talk to ya later

#12   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 17:02
Registered Member

Stats: 167/158/125
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by rebsee

Well, I'll tell you a little about myself:
I'm 23, live with my fiance, getting married in Vegas 4 weeks today , work in a call centre (Although I'm a theatre designer - for every one employed artist there's 10 unemployed ones.), don't have any children yet - maybe in a couple of years and I have a good sense of humour

rebsee - I was just curious, where are you getting married in Vegas? I've been debating with my long-term boyfriend about running away to Vegas or Hawaii to get married or having a traditional wedding.

Also I'm looking for buddies for help and support with LC. So if anyone is interested, email me!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 11:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins... kind of
Stats: 182/158/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%
Cool Me too

I could use a buddy.

I've been on this diet thing for over a month. I'm actually doing pretty well on the weight loss part of things, but I'm getting concerned I'm not eating enough of my veggies. So many things that use to taste good just don't cut it any more.

At the end of this week I'm out of work for the summer (that's a good thing I work at school and need some time off). I have three boys to chase around and a house that desperately needs cleaned. Plus I'm taking classes to get my teacher certification. The summer classes shove a whole semester into five weeks so I think I'll be a bit frazzled before this is all over.

Oh well... Im not even sure what I'd do with a buddy. But it would be nice to have someone to compare notes with. I want to keep this up all summer and see how much I can actually lose before I go back to work in August.

hugs
Nan
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 20:46

Stats: 185/166/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:33.7 %
Progress: 42%

Hey Nan!

I will be your buddy! Come and visit me in my journal...
I have been on this WOE since January 7,2003 I started out on Atkins but now I modified the plan to suit me better.
Stop by for a visit!

Hugs

Amy
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 22:19

Stats: 220/200/125
BF:
Progress: 21%

I'd be interested in having a buddy as well. I'm 27 and I have a long ways to go but I am bound and determined to do it.

So if anyone is free to be my mentor(s), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.