Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 00:05
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 257.4/207.9/165
BF:no idea
Progress: 54%
Smile 46,2 lbs lost!!!!! If i can do it anyone can!!!

What i really meant was anyone who has your terrific support!

I am a really happy woman, i can tell you. I feel so much better and seeing the weight coming off is absolutely amazing. I have been struggling with my weight for years and years and now it feels like i have found what my body really needs.

I do have my weak moments - not cravings as such - but i do think of pasta from time to time and then i remind myself of my sucesses so far and then for a strange reason it doesn't seem to worth it anymore...

Still a long way to go but at least i can go back to my doctor and demand a solution for my hormones problems (TOM only twice a year) - he (and other i tried talk to) thought it was me being obese to blame for the condition.

Many many many thanks for your advice and support.

Good luck in your efforts.

Maria
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 00:31
"Slaying My Demons"

Plan: Keto
Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%
Default Oh Maria!

You are amazing! Congratulations on loosing 46.2 lbs. You are an inspiration to me! That's about what I need to loose to get to my first goal, 200 lbs. Did it take you very long? I'm 47 and have had two children and countless diets, so the weight does not come off very quickly anymore.
Fantastic!
Signey
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 01:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/154.5/147
BF:26/23.7/21
Progress: 66%
Thumbs up

CONGRATS TO YOU!!

What an inspiration you are!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 04:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

WOW!! Have you lost all that weight in less than 3 months?? That is terrific, way to go..
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 05:47

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

You are a tremendous encouragement. This is my first week and I dying to get on the scale to see. But, I am waiting until Sunday.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:08
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Along with your weight loss, (which is great!) I am impressed with the fact that you only get a visit from TOM twice a year. How do I get on that plan?!? As long as I didn't have to be worried about being in the family way the whole time, this would be great! See how excited I am about it already
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:10
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

One way to do this is to take birth control pills. You can skip the period pills (funny colored week, think they are called blanks, no clue) and just keep taking the regular ones, making your body skip it's period. All the doctors I've talked to about it say this is fine, you don't really need a period unless planning to get pregnent, just have one every 6 months to keep every thing working.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:44

Plan: Atkins Nutritionals
Stats: 226/204/150 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Wink you can do it!

You can definitely do it! One day at a time, one pound at a time!

I want to lose a total of 76 lbs to reach my goal of 150. I was 150 13 yrs ago when I got married, and two children later and not working for 5 yrs has put me at 226 before Atkins.

Now I'm down 10 lbs. I tell myself, 10 down, 66 to go.........

Hang in there, you're doing wonderfully!

Madelyn, NJ

226/216/150
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 13:40
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 257.4/207.9/165
BF:no idea
Progress: 54%
Smile thank you people!

YOU all have been MY motivation and encouragemt! You're all amazing! Not just because of the weight loss you have achieved but most importantly because of your resolution and courage to try yet another eating plan.

I usually think of this willpower thing. Everyone used to tell me "all it takes to lose these extra pounds is willpower". Well... i don't know if anyone has more willpower than i do... i've tried every diet under the sun, i kept failing and i kept trying hoping that at some point i'll get there. I don't know many people - outside this forum at least - who would fail so many times and yet keep trying for the best.

That's why i believe that each and everyone of you is MY inspiration, and motivation and encouragemt. For the first time since i first dieted at the age of 12, i feel like i can do it.

THANK YOU PEOPLE!!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 15:03

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Still a long way to go but at least i can go back to my doctor and demand a solution for my hormones problems (TOM only twice a year) - he (and other i tried talk to) thought it was me being obese to blame for the condition.

Truthfully...I believe it's more likely to be the other way around...you may have a medical condition known as polycystic ovarian syndrome, or PCOS, that contributes to obesity. Insulin resistance and hormone imbalances along with no or very irregular periods are some of the main symptoms along with excess hair in places that women don't normally grow it such as upper lip and chin. Because of the insulin resistance and hormone imbalances, weight gain is almost unavoidable with this condition unless it's treated with diet and medication. The good news is that the low carb is the diet of choice to treat PCOS. Do a little research on the condition on the internet and bring materials with you to your next appointment and at least question whether or not this may be a problem for you. There are tests that can be done to either confirm the diagnosis or rule it out.
I'm not familiar with medical care in other countries, but I know that most doctors here would be very concerned about a woman only menstruating 2 times a year. It's very unhealthy for your body to go that long in between periods unless you are menopausal.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 15:36

Stats: 205/178/125 Female 5'4" (ft & Inches)
BF:Tons not sure
Progress: 34%

Awesome !!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 17:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Congratulations! I have only lost 25 lbs, but the difference in self esteem and how I feel is overwhelming different. And bonus I am never hungry and don't ever need to be hungry. Wonderful!!!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 17:30

Stats: 252/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%
Thumbs up

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
WOW I BET YOUR ON CLOUD NINE.
POSTS LIKE YOURS KEEPS ME INLINE AND MOTIVATED

#14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 20:22
Registered Member

Stats: 190/152/115 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 51%

mlk1710,
That is soooooo GREAT! I didn't see your journal or fitday and I am dying to know what your menus are like? Maybe you could share an example of what you eat on a typical day! For us newbys to learn from.

Great work. Keep going!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 20:52

Stats: 311/216/185 Male 5" 9'
BF:
Progress: 75%

Wow!! That is an amazing achievement. You should be very proud of yourself. All of us on board sure are.