Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 18:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/200/190
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Incredible

I can't believe all this incredible info got started because of the chromium picolinate issue. Carolyn sounds like she is right on the cutting edge of the biochemistry involved in diabetes 2. Now I have some more rather interresting info. Has anyone heard of Svetlana Kasatina? She is a Russian marathoner who claims to have overcome diabetes through cardio vascular excercise and very minor diet adjustments. She wrote a small booklet called Diabetes Deliverance through Natural Methods and as far as I know the book is either unavailable or has been confiscated. There was a brief article in the Pravda Ru and now I'm finding very little info. There were actual experiments performed on mice and the results were astounding. Apparently certain c/v excercises result in very fast cell regeneration. The result is that the body begins to restore much faster than it was deteriorating before. The only other claim I noticed is that they said that people were going completely off medications within a couple of weeks. I'd give my left arm [not a funny figure of speech for a diabetic!] to find out more about that. I'd be very interrested in hearing Carolyn's comments on this one.

Razzy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 00:50

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

I read someting in Pravda about it too, quite some time ago. I was under the impression that it was basically a low-carb/high-exercise routine--which should work.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 05:16

BF:
Default Svetlana Kasatina

Thanks KJ:

I'd really love to be able to find that book though.

Razzy
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 12:33
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Re: Incredible

Quote:
Originally posted by Razzy
I can't believe all this incredible info got started because of the chromium picolinate issue. Carolyn sounds like she is right on the cutting edge of the biochemistry involved in diabetes 2.

I'm not an expert on this and only know major principles, not the details. I just happen to work in a department with people who are experts in the field of chromium in human metabolism, so I hear a lot about it at seminars, graduate student oral exams, etc.

Quote:
I'd be very interrested in hearing Carolyn's comments on this one.

Sorry, I don't know anything about this. I'm an analytical chemistry professor. Biology and biochemistry are not my specialities.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 20:17

BF:
Default Thanks anyways

Thanks Carolyn:

Still awesome to know someone in your field. I just build houses every day. Let me know if you hear from anyone with regards to this Russian athletic program claiming to cure diabetes.

John