Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 13:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 129/125/110
BF:29%
Progress: 21%
Default Atkins Induction Period

I want to hear from Debra and Iowagirl and want to know how to keep contact with them. How do you look up a person or send a message to them a day or two later if you don't have original message.

This is a killer - I'm working with this site and felling fairly inadequate. Unfortunately I am at work and don't have time to play around and learn by my mistakes. Don't have at home.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 13:24
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Tag! You're it!

You can send a private message after you've posted 25(?) times. Otherwise, keep replying to this thread - I'll hear ya!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 13:29

Default Induction continues....

I am so happy to hear from you again. I will be out tomorrow and through the weekend. Office is closed tomorrow. Leaving soon.

I am finding it easy to stay on Induction because it is so good to have control over my food. This site is a God-send for me.
I am in Brooklyn, NY.

This weekend my test will be staying with a friend in Mass. who doesn't understand me as I am thin as far as she thinks. She's does not encourage me. However, she has many other good qualities and that is why she has been my friend for 50 years!

My doctor wants me down to 110-115 as I am 4' 11".

So to get to you again if I don't hear from you is a fingers-crossed thing, huh? I can deal. It is just nice to have contact with the same people.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 13:31

Default Rushed typing

I am looking back at some of my messages and laughing at my spelling. I think I should take my time from now on.

I am like a kid in a candy store.

I have never been on a forum or chat room or anything.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 13:58
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Technology is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Have fun on your trip - I'm sure if you explain to your friend that you feel better eating this way, that it isn't just for weight loss, she may be a little more sympathetic.

I am having family over this weekend (one daughter's birthday, the other's first communion) so I will be offline most of Sat-Sunday as well.

I will check the forum on Monday, for sure - if all else fails start a new thread entitled "Hey Iowagirl!".

(by the way, been to NY twice - love it! ever been to Iowa?)
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 14:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:

I was gone for a bit -- working -- shhh don't tell anyone. If you'll answer here I'll get it too.

Have a great weekend and keep us posted on how you're doing!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 19:27
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Ilene,

You mentioned elsewhere that you have to keep logging in. I can tell you how to fix that.
If you click on
at the top of the screen, then click on "edit options," you can change what you originally put in your profile. To keep from having to log in every time you come here, or leave for a while, click "yes" where it says "Automatically log in when you return to the site." While you're there, you can check if you've said yes to "Use email notification by default." Saying yes there means you'll get an email every time someone replies to one of your messages.
And don't forget to click on "submit modifications" at the bottom.

If you haven't used a forum before, this can seem daunting at first. Don't worry, we all have to learn somewhere. Not one of us came out of the egg knowing how to do this.

I hope that helps you, Ilene. Feel free to ask whatever questions you like.

Rosebud