Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 00:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 68/?/60 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Please pop in and give this aussie girl a little support...please!!!

hello everyone,

I have been on and off atkins for the last 2 months and I have had enough. I need to go through induction without stopping after a few days or overeating and I know all you LCers out there are wonderful when it comes to advice and support.

please give me some encouragement and just remind me how great it feels to lowcarb rather than feel bloated and miserable carbing.

I need to lose about 18pounds so please help me out with yr support and advice.

How can I stick to this without giving up? I only eat fish...no meat, was vegetarian till I started atkins, so I get bored easily and give up.

I appreciate your kind words,
cathie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/139/120
BF:36%/29%/18%
Progress: 60%
Default Hugs to you !!!

I had a crappy carb weekend myself, so I know how you feel.
I was doing really well until my FIL's b-day party on the weekend and fell off the wagon BIG TIME. After that my stomach hurt so bad, I had the runs (sorry TMI), and cramps for the rest of the weekend. All I have to do is remind myself of how that feels in comparison to how great I feel after a week of being consistent.

Fitting in to a pair of size 8 jeans will taste so much better than any slice of cake or helping of fries. Keep coming back here often. That has been a big help to me. If you are bored with low-carb and find that may be a source of your troubles, how about checking out some new recipies or perhaps finding yourself a email/chat buddy to keep you motivated.

HTH ! Let me know if you need anything.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 14:00

Stats: 165/165/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Cathie~ I've been doing Atkins since 5/12 and haven't cheated yet! Of course, as an omnivore, I have more more menu choices, but I used to eat mashed potatoes for dinner and a bowl of frosting for dessert! Hope you can hang in there! This is my first serious attempt at weight loss, but it seems like the longer I go without refined carbs, the less they call my name. Do you eat eggs? Shellfish? I see you are from australia...does your store carry high protein/ low carb bars? I really like the chocolate peanut butter bars, which are high in protein and don't appear to have any animal by-products
Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 14:18
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

One day at a time, girlfriend!

Have you tried planning your menus? Sometimes it is easier to follow a plan when it is all laid out versus looking in the fridge, wondering what shall I make now?

Do you journal? Jot down some thoughts when you're feeling yourself fall from the wagon.

And of course - keep us posted!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 15:46

Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default WOE

You can make it. I didn't think that I could make it through induction but tomorrown will end my two weeks. You will be ok. If you need support just tell the people on this forum we are all in this together.

Amiee
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 22:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 68/?/60 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:
Smile thanks for the support guys!

Thank you sooo much for popping by to give me some encouragement. It really does help to have kind people out there in cyberspace that give you some kind words to get u going.

I don't do a journal...I don't know, just haven't really tried. I feel that if I document my failures then it will really not help my confidence.

We do have lowcarb products in australia...a bit pricey though, but I'm trying to stick to induction first before I start relying on lowcarb fillers. if I can stick to 2 weeks then I know that I will have a bigger variety of foods to choose from...it's just getting through induction without self sabotaging myself. by the way theres a good thread on self sabotage somewhere in the forum. I'll try find it again a post the site.

With meal plans, I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for now so I guess that's why I get bored. I'll eat anything now, except poultry and meat, so eggs, fish, cheese is fine.

Thank you soooo much thininBC, alexa, Iowagirl and aimee for the messages and hope you can still pop by and make me smile.

hugs to you all,
cathie