Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 17:02
Nursing Mama

Plan: High fat 80/15/5
Stats: 255/243/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Joining this wonderful community!

Hello,

Thank you for having such a wonderful community. I am normally hesitant to join in to online discussions (I tend to be more of a lurker), but it seems as though I *need* to post here in order to make this WOE real for me, as it is for so many of you.

I'm female, have been chubby since I went to college, and have just been getting fatter and fatter until now I'm in my thirties and at my all time high. My son is 2.5 years old and when I was still on maternity leave for having him, I discovered Protein Power and realized it was just The Right Thing To Do. I actually got started really well when I wasn't working. My husband thought I was crazy, but he humored me, and over time, he has adopted this WOE for himself. Of course he was always slender and finds it very easy, which is frustrating for me! After I went back to work I fell off the wagon, and now I weigh as much as I did when I was 6 months pregnant. NOT a good feeling.

So here I am, hoping to join you in our journey to a healthier life.

oregano
224/216/140
Getting serious May 25, 2003
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 22:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 174/151/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:35%/31%/20%
Progress: 68%

It's after midnight here and I am feeling a little silly....thus I apologize for all of the waving smilies!!

I just wanted to applaud you for joining our LC community. I have only been a member for a few weeks myself, but I find myself constantly referring to this website for moral support. There are some really incredible people here....each with an interesting story to tell or message to share. I get soooo inspired by everyone!!

I hope to keep in touch, as we have alot in common. I also am in my 30's and weigh more than I have ever weighed in my life. (I weighed less at 9 months pregnant than I do now!!) I didn't start gaining weight until college either....And....I also have a husband who doesn't have to worry about what he eats--EVER!!

I wish you all the best and look forward to chatting more in the future!!

April

WELCOME
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:34
Nursing Mama

BF:

Thanks for the welcome, April! I am PMing you. :-)
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/231/150 Female 5feet2inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi folks...

starting out day 1 today!

I'm up for adding buddies and helping out.

Also in my 30's 2 kids 8yrs and 17mos. Weigh more now than when fully preggers, and that's after breastfeeding for 12 mos.
Wish I knew what I did wrong.

Anyway, I figure we can all keep one another going right?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:52
Nursing Mama

BF:

Hi cscharlie!

My son is 2 and still nursing, and I am still fat! I initially lost quite a bit of the 65 pounds I gained when I was pregnant, but as the years progressed (LOL!) I started to creep back up.

I have heard that BFing can cause your body to hold onto fat stores. It's soooooo important, though -- I'm willing to have a little extra pudge for a few years if it means my child is getting the very best nutrition!

I look forward to talking with you on our journey to health.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 19:30
Registered Member

Stats: 250/236/147
BF:38%
Progress: 14%

Been pg or bf for 3 1/2 years.... This is not exactly a great way to get into shape. hehee Now that my youngest (they are 19 months apart) is 14 months and no longer nursing, I am serious about taking the weight off. I would love to hook up with some other moms in the same boat. I am only 27 and terrified of the health risks associated with obesity - time to ensure the future for my children.

I started Atkins a week ago and so far so good. Although, I am having a hard time coming up with some kind of acceptable snack food - I like to pick about twice a day and since I cannot have carrots anymore or pretzels... well, I just don't have many good ideas for snacking on low/no carb.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and lift you up when you need it!

God Bless,
Holly
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 22:21
Registered Member

Stats: 245/231/150 Female 5feet2inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

devilled eggs!
great for munching and yummy to boot.

with me, I had cucumbers, sliced kinda thin.

Celery, with cheese or even..dare I say, cream cheese!! yummy