Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 09:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Potein Question

Well I have a question for all. How many grams of protein are people averaging? I saw some were on the internet that said woman should average 75 daily and men 100 daily on the Atkins. Or is anyone really counting the protein? Some days I try but sometimes I get caught up counting my carbs, to make sure I don't go over, I don't count the protein. I have the DANDR book but I dont recall seeing it anywhere in there. Anyways, sorry if this is a stupid question that I have just overlooked.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 09:10
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi:
Day 9 of Induction and so far:
My Protein is averaging 150-180 grams per day on a 2200 calorie dailey intake.

I don't plan it...Just seems to work out that way. (Fitday.com)

My Fat is always around 70% dailey...I make sure it is.

My Carbs 15-20g per day NET (subtract fiber).

Have lost 7 pounds past 8 days...so I guess it is working!!!

I use fitday.com and track everything that goes into my mouth...right down to my vitamen (which I added in via custom settings).

Hope this helps!

Best to all;
Jake
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 09:39
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

This isn't a stupid question. I read .6g-1g for every pound of lean body mass.

So if your lean body mass is 120lbs you can eat 72-120g of protein if you workout then you are okay at the higher end of that range. If you are less active then you can go lower.

Good luck dhooghe!

Peace
red
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 10:31

Stats: 165/165/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the info! Don't that seem like alot of gram. I mean I figured mine as 25 grams of protein per meal. To me this is kind of hard, at least in the morning. I can only handle so many eggs and bacon EVERYDAY. I just ordered too book so maybe thta will help. I ordered "Atkins for Life: The Complete Controlled Carb Program for Permanent Weight Loss and Good Health" and "500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love." So maybe as soon as I get those it will be easier. Thanks again for the quick response.