Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 12:49

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 184/179/139
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default low carb dessert during CM meal

I am confused... can you have a low carb dessert during your Complimentary Meal? I finally discovered low carb recipes ( in the back of the book) for desserts that sound yummy. And, it says it is for that meal, not neccessarily the RM. BUT, I was wondering how you would fit that into those meals. I hope I make sense. For my RM, I usually have fruit or another treat, but would love to have a sweet thing for my other meals.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you,
Anna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 12:55

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Default my thoughts

I'd say as long as the sweet thing is less than 3 carbs per serving (as is the limit according to the book).

Anything you eat at the CM should be 3 carbs or less per serving and (of course) you should only eat one serving of each. I will eat a sweet thing at the CM (like a little sugar free jello) if I really desire.

Otherwise, if these deserts are more than 3 carbs, wait until RM. It's not worth throwing you off track over and RM is always only a few hours away! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Best of luck!

Jeannie
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 18:34

BF:
Default thank you

Okay, thank you for your response. I will do this...IF I really need something sweet, I'll have it otherwise I will wait until night.
Jello sounds good...do you have it with whipped cream...are we allowed whipped cream?

Oh by the way, how can I find responses to my posts BESIDES the link on the E-mail I get that notifies me that somebody responded.

??????

Anna
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 18:53

Default how to find it

To find these responses:

First off, it really is handy that they e-mail you when you have a response. If you don't get an e-mail, no one has responded.

But, you can go to http://forum.lowcarber.org. Look in the upper right hand corner. There is a header that says: Support Forum.

If you hit this is brings up all the support forums available. You can look under the one you posted in and find your original posting and all the responses.

Just play around inside this site for a few days and you'll get to know the ropes. There is so much information here. I like to bop around from forum to forum to see the new questions, meet the new people and gain some new insights and inspiration.

For fun, go to Success Stories and get truly inspired.

As for whipped cream, check the carbs. Some are lower than others. If it's 2 carbs per tablespoon, just make sure you stick with a tablespoon. It's not much, but gives it that little extra zing.

Always knowing that the RM is only a few hours away is always enough to get me through. Heck, then I'll have a piece of apple pie for desert if I feel like it. The beauty of it all is --- I'm still on the plan.

BTW, Ignore my current weight. I'm pregnant right now so it's going up instead of down. Sigh. I went steadily (but slowly) down when following the plan before I got pregnant.

Good luck! You can do this.
Jeannie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 18:58

Default getting around

Go to http://forum.lowcarber.org.

Up at the top is a heading called Support Forum. Click on this and you'll get a whole listing of all the support forums available.

Click on the one you posted on and browse it to find your posting and the responses.

Just come in here a couple days in a row and play around. You'll get to know the ropes and learn a great deal in the mean time. You'll also make friends and get inspired.

This is a great place.

Whipped cream is fine as long as you stay within the guidelines. Is it less than 3 carbs per serving? Check the labels. Some are less than 3 an are okay. Stick with full fat versions. The richer, the better, usually, when it comes to carbs.

Good luck. U can do this!!!

BTW, ignore my current weight. I'm pregnant and gaining instead of losing. I lost steadily (yet slowly) when following CAD carefully.

Jeannie
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 19:30

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Keeping the cms simple seems to be very helpful to some of us. You have probably read in the Heller's books that some of us CAs react to sweeteners as if they were sugars. You will need to see how your body reacts, but if you have trouble try to simplify your meal-for example salad and chicken breast-instead of a fast food burger without the bun! Good luck and keep us posted!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 22:44

BF:
Default I FEEL the love

Thank you ALL, I appreciate your time to respond.

I think I just have to FEEL my way around this website as well as pay attention to how my body responds to sweetners and particular foods. I agree with the comment to make it simple, GREAT advice.

I would be curious to know if you all have done a trial and error on this diet...what works for you, what you can get away with, etc.
I feel like a scientist, anybody else feel like that???

Take care all
Anna