Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 16:57

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%
Default Please Help Me!!!!!!

Ok, here's the deal...I've been high carbing it for about two weeks now feeling like crap...so yesterday I did pretty good except for supper time....today, I didn't do so good....

I'm having trouble getting back to low carbing again... Has anybody strayed for two weeks and then had trouble getting back into the low carbing again? I really need help...

I've only gained 5 pounds back and I guess that's not bad, but I know that it'll all come back to bite me in the butt....

Please somebody give me some words of encouragement or smack me in the head a couple of times to get me motivated again!!!!

HELP ME~~~PLEASE!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 17:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/122/120 Female 5.4 1/2 small frame
BF:23%/23%/?
Progress: 89%

STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

You've already worked super hard & lost 13 pounds PLUS you're only 7, 7, I repeat 7, pounds from GOAL WEIGHT!

YOU CAN DO THIS... you've already proved you can! hang in there viv
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 17:21

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Look how cute you are with your animal family!! Great photo.

Now, on to business. Yes I did stray, yes it was crazy hard to get back into it. I had to get ruthless with myself and no more "just a bite..." mentality. I threw out everything that I could possibly reach for in times of stress (or froze it - my fella says I'm like some freaky old granny with freezing EVERYTHING but sometimes that all the deterence I need to keep me away from bread, corn tortillas, etc. that are for the mr.).

Anyway, you CAN do it. You HAVE done it. All that worked for me was starting like a newbie again. Look at the acceptable list and do not eat ANYTHING that isn't listed. Plan ahead, plan ahead, plan ahead. AND last, but not least, on the first couple of days GORGE yourself with acceptable meat, oil, cheese. It was hard for me to think back to those first induction days but that is really how you've gotta do it. Precook meat and eggs and go to town!

You CAN do it goat lady. Go to the store, get your low carb foodies and SHOW THAT MAGIC KETOSTICK WHO IT MOMMA!!

Go, Go, GOATLADY!!!
Hugs,
Jinx
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 17:55

Thanks VIV~~7 pounds left and you'd think that alone would motivate me...I know that I can do this...I've done it before....

Ms.Jinx~~Thanks...I like my goat family!! You crack me up everytime I read your post....It's nice to laugh ever now and then! Your posts keep me laughing!! Thanks for the support...I really needed it...now if I could just get off my butt and get it in gear!!!!

THANKS YA'LL!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 20:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202.5/177.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default You can do it Goat Lady

Hang in there. I high carbed too for a few weeks. It started with a brownie sundae on Mother's Day. It taught me a lot about myself and sugar. I've decided I have to stay away from it, because it only starts me on an eating madness. Try to remember how good you felt when you were low carbing. I can't believe how bad I felt for those two weeks. I mean I even ached. Try to drink your water too. I think it helps to flush the impurities that come with today's junk food. You can do this - I know you can. Look what you've done already.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 22:30
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Oh Goat Lady...can I ever relate to this. A few months ago I was "stuck" at 165 and whined for weeks that I was stalled and only had 5 pounds to go to reach my goal...

Well, I'm now a whopping 185 because I just didn't do it. I can't really tell you exactly what happened, but it all started with sloppiness because I got so proud of myself too early. That cockiness can bite us in our behinds when we're too busy strutting our new size!!

Anyhow, I'm sure that something inside was working on me...someone said that self-loathing is a great motivator to LOSE, and then when you stop "hating" yourself (close to goal) the motivation slacks off too.

I don't know if any of this applies to you...doesn't matter either way, because my main message is this: whatever you have to do to RE-motivate yourself and finish your project, DO IT. You are not finished yet...you're just close. It is not time for you to start resting on your laurels!!! There's still some more distance to go...

NOT MUCH...that's the good news!! But, still...trust me, this is the tie to readjust your attitude and stay the course!! When you're at goal and two more pounds below, you can slip up now and then!

Best to you,

#7   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 23:01

Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:

I cheated for 25 years and FINALLY came back. Started on the weekend but realized I was making some mistakes as I got to know the program again. Only have been good for 3 days but I lost 5 pounds! Of course you can do it.

Just think.....when you get down to your ideal weight you can cheat occasionally and keep the weight within a 3 pound range and whenever you add those three pounds you cut back again.

I should never have let all that bad controversy keep me from following the program. Now I have over 50 pounds to lose. Oh to have only 7!

Hang in there girl. You can do it!!!

Sandy
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 00:04

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

lol I always wanted a goat as a pet...

K anyways, yeah I've done 2 weeks of cheating before, probably even longer...lol Sometimes it's hard getting back into it other times it's easy because I get sick of the crappy feeling.

If you can't do it cold turkey, do it gradually. Even if you have to use the atkins products to help you, it's better then eating crap. Like if you've been on a chocolate pms binge, switch to a lowcarb chocolate bar instead..... then start replacing those with real food..

Same with water, I could never get back into drinking that right away so I'd drink crystal light or diet soda instead for a day

Hang in there and good luck
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 04:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/200 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, I'm new to the Atkins diet but before I started I lost 40 lbs on a regular diet. I hit the wall and gained 15 back! I was very desparete. I started atkins 3 days ago. and lost 6 lbs. I was just so mad at myself that I keep trying and I feel atkins will give me the ammo I need for permanent weight loss and the ability to maintain. My tip too you is to weigh your self everyday. Thats what motivated me.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 05:10
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 220/220/185 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 0%

Goats. I love goats! Unfortunately they are so bloomin' smart they always figure out a way to get into the garden and eat the veggies we depend on!

No advice here...I just had to respond to your love of animals.

Peter (Very contented husband of Tamara). Dad to four golden retrievers, three cats, 67 chickens and five Icelandic sheep.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 05:42

Thanks for all of your support...I really need to hear it!!

Kithob~I do need to remember how I felt on low-carbing....I did feel GREAT! All of this started the day after Mother's day...(my mom died in '94 so it's kind of hard for me on Mother's day to this day).

DDMariana~I do need to ajust my additude...I guess since I was close to my goal weight, I felt that I looked "ok" and maybe thought I was invincible (boy was I wrong!)

Sandy~Congrats on the loss of 5 pounds! And welcome back to low-carbing!

SlimShady~Cool name! I'm glad you like my goats...I just luv 'em! I do need to take things slowly...again! Thanks for the tips!

RD64~Welcome to Low-carbing...it DOES work (if you're not acting like me!)

Boondox~You should get some goats! Just keep the fencing good and AWAY from the garden...LOL! I did have chickens, Golden Comets....love the eggs, hated the mess...I'm gonna use the stall I had for them to house another goat!!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 06:30
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey Goat Lady....(cool name)

Did you see my weight...I am a FATSO!

So put on your helmet, cause with only 7 pounds from your goal, you should get a big SMACK IN THE HEAD for going on a carb binge. Yucky, stinky, carbs...you don't need-em. MEAT, EGGS, some CHeese, Veggies and salad...it is simple.

You eat bad carbs...we come to your house in central Ohio, and SMACK YOU in the head. Oh, we may have to knock on, say...several million doors and smack the wrong people...but WE WILL DO IT! Hey...we're all fat...the exercise alone will help us! I am a self-employed scientist (Paleontology) and so I have time to organize this movement. and remember...We DO have your picture...

One day you will be out with your goats, and see several thousand overweight people converging on your home...makes me shudder!

We will simply go around smacking people, untill we find YOU! Then, we will WHACK you up side the head, visit with your goats...and trash your carb-stash.

Now...what I propose is much easier on you then this most certain fate...

GET BACK ON TRACK!

War is hell.

Best wishes

Last edited by mammoth : Thu, May-29-03 at 06:36.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 06:43

Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Mammoth, I think you need another cup of coffee!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 07:26
Registered Member

Stats: 202.5/177.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Default sense of humor

Mammoth - Laughed hard when I read your reply to Goat Lady - you have a great sense of humor - sometimes that's what we need to get back on track - a good friend that's willing to slap us.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 07:53

Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:

Mammoth

Love your sense of humour (or did you mean it? )

With support like this we will all succeed!!!

Sandy