Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 15:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 182/173/150
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default regular bathroom stops

Hi I dont mean to ask a stupid question but i am. First of all I am drinking my 80 oz of water daily and walking. However i am on day 7 and i just seem to go no 1 all the time and not the other if you know what i mean Should i be taking something or eating all lettuce for my carbs. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 15:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Usually in this way of eating there is less solid waste then there used to be. That being said, if you don't have enough fiber, constipation is quite common. You can try taking a sugar free fiber supplement. Psyillium husk comes in powder and capsule form (my fav).
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 15:52
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Here, check out this article by Doreen about low carbing and intestinal health. You can also find it in the orange bar at the top of the page under low carb tips.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips012.html

Beth
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 17:00

Plan: TLC (Tracys Low-Carb)
Stats: 225/213/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Fat

I was having the same problem. No bm (bowel movement) for 3 days. I take fiber suppliments and eat my veggies. It wasn't working. So one day I upped my fat intake. A LOT! Ate fried everything, added butter to veggies, ate some nuts. Next day, clean as a whistle!