Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 14:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/148/120 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Anyone Nauseated??

I'm on day #17. I've lost 11 lbs at my 2 week mark. I'm still halfway on induction--but not really. I'm trying to keep my carbs at around 20--but I've added nuts and strawberries. So maybe I'm really not fully induction. I've been bad at keeping track this week. I'm probably over 20---but before I was averaging about 15.

Anyways---I've been nauseated every morning after I take my vitamins. Is that normal? I try to eat right away and sometimes it stays with me. Is it a blood sugar thing or a vitamin thing?

Holly
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 14:54
aznlily68

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

yea, i feel nauseated too. Mostly because of the bad breath!!!!
i really dont know whats wrong.....do u have a really bad taste in your mouth or something?
Eat your veggies!! other than that, i dont know
good luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 15:19

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yes I got increadibly nauseated but I think it was because I was forcing myself to eat eggs and cheese... two foods I really don't care for. I think the lack of sugar was what made me nauseated, however, I cheated last night with a tiny piece of cake and got really sick from it and ended up throwing up. That's never happened before, so I guess my body can't tolerate the sugar anymore. I guess that's a good thing.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 15:39

Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%

One day last week I felt really sick to my stomach too. I had to force myself to eat. Some mornings the thought of eggs turn my stomach as well.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 15:48
Registered Member

Stats: 177/175/130
BF:
Progress: 4%

It is supposedly 'normal' to feel this way while on induction. Some go thro it the first week and some later from all that I've read. I went thro it and cut back on my eggs a bit.
Also, eat before you take any vitamins...that will help.
A lot the foods are rich and I think as the body is adjusting to low carbs, the stomach responds this way.
Also, large quantinies of water can cause this too....
It's finding a happy medium... ~)
Nan
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 18:13
Registered Member

Stats: 240/214/160
BF:
Progress: 33%

I'm out of Induction and coming up on my 3 month anniversary on Atkins and yes I still get nauseated! I too thought it was the vitamins or various food items. But it does not go away when I've made changes. For me it can be anytime during the day or night and it comes on as a "wave" of nausea. Just when I think I better head to the bathroom it goes away.

I try not to focus too much on this, but for me it's been a very weird side effect and I have not heard many people talk about it.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 18:24

Stats: 252/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

if your feeling sick after your vitamins are you eating enough with them?
also on induction i would get a sick stomach the same time every morning about 10am all i had to do was have a snack and it cured it.
maybe you should eat more with your vitamin
hope you feel better
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 18:49

Stats: 236.5/223/120
BF:
Progress: 12%
Cool

I agree with Angelswed, you need to be sure to eat before you take any vitamens.

If that doesn't work you can get liquid vitamens that are a bit easier on your stomach.

Good Luck and don't give up.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 21:58
Registered Member

Stats: 142/133/120 Female 5' 5"
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

Yep, I have had nausea! I almost threw up today taking my vitamin on an empty stomach (bad, bad idea). I feel fuzzy all the time & just started this diet four days ago. I think my body is in shock! I also have severe PMS & almost unbearable periods so I am in complete & total misery right now! No chocolate, no regular pop/soda, no peanuts! For me, that spells torture! Looking in the mirror also spells torture so I have decided to rough it & see what happens. God, I can only pray this gets better! What's worse, I don't think I have lost a pound. I feel like I am torturing myself for absolutely nothing! If I don't start to see results, I will be falling off the wagon! Why suffer if I can be 140+/- with all of the junk food I normally eat??? I won't live like this if I don't start to see results but I will wait it out till my period is over! I am probably bloated right now & extremely hormonal! Good luck to you though & don't take you vitamins w/o food!