Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 08:23

Plan: CAD with a few modificati
Stats: 193/141/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default I think I screwed up

I didn't see broccoli listed on approved vegetables and that is what I ate last night, what is going to happen?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 11:16

BF:

Also for today, can someone let me know if this is okay? Breakfast 3 pieces of bacon and 2 boiled eggs, decaf coffee with half and half drank within 15 minutes

Lunch is tuna with mayo, green beans, one boiled egg, one serving mozzarella cheese.

Dinner will be a rm don't know what yet.

Any advise is appreciated

of course I have already had 3 16.9 oz bottles of water as well.

Thanks
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 11:36
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Broccoli is not approved for CM. It might not have affected you for one meal.

Your menu looks fine.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 15:20

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

If you ate the brocolli at RM....no problem. Your menu today looks great. Could still use a few more veggies.

Doing fine..
Deb
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 10:22

BF:

Yeah, I ate the broccoli at the RM. Thanks for the advice.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 04:43

Plan: CA
Stats: 260/228/205 Male 6'
BF:

I am confused, I have the Carb Addicst lifespan book and on page 123 under crave reducing vegetables it has broccoli listed. Albeit with a star saying if you are particularly sensitive to carbs you should avoid it. Is there a new up to date list? I have eaten broccoli almost everyday and have lost 17lbs in 6 weeks.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 14:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/212/130 Female 5foot 7 inches
BF:44/38/20
Progress: 20%
Smile Topspinner

I understand why you could be confused. YES in the CALP you can have the brocoli with your CM, but in CAD the rules are a little diffrent. LIke I think CAD says only eat no more than 4 times a day, but CALP has no such rule.(Well I could not find it) You do have a Option in CALP to reduce the number of times you eat. It is really easy to get confused between the 2 plans they are alike but at the same time sooo very diffrent. I am on CALP and am loving it. I only eat 2-3 times a day but the is cause Iam not hungry for any thing eles. I also have no cravings what so ever. I drink aliitle caffeine and I think in CAD it say no Caffeine. Ialso use sweetner at times other then my RM and CAD says that is a no-no,I did not find that rule in CALP.

I hope you are enjoying your plan. It looks like it is working for you. Take care,Lynn
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 14:54

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Brocolli

You are correct about the brocolli. For SOME people it produces a craving effect, but for others it doesn't. I find that it has no affect on me either. The only thing you can do is try it and see how your body reacts. If you continue to lose and you're not b attling cravings, eat the broccoli. I also find that I can eat tomatoes, but not things made with tomato paste, sauce, etc. during CM's.

Lisa
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 19:23

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%

<<I didn't see broccoli listed on approved vegetables and that is what I ate last night, what is going to happen?>>

I'm sorry..... but this made me giggle.....

"What is going to happen?"....... keep eating broccoli and you will probably not be hungry for the junk that we ALL know we don't need, and in turn....... it will make you a little healthier and maybe a little slimmer!

I love broccoli, I can eat as much of it as I want and have never had it affect my diet.

1/2 cup of chopped raw broccoli has 12 calories, 1.3gms protein, .2g fat, no cholesterol, 1.2 grams of dietary fiber and not enough sodium to bother counting.

I would imagine that most people can eat broccoli without it affecting their weight loss or weight management.

Thanks for making me smile......

Libby
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 06:26
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:

It makes you giggle unless you are sensitive to it. Then it's no joke.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 07:51

BF:
Default okay......

Quote:
It makes you giggle unless you are sensitive to it. Then it's no joke.

Point taken.

It just seemed rather funny that a person would be so absolutely worried about having just eaten broccoli. First of all..... we all know it is a healthy vegetable and we DO need to eat a well rounded diet.

Please remember, that you CAN indulge ONCE IN A WHILE. Weather it is broccoli, grains or ice cream...... we all need to have a wide variety of foods in our diet. It is important to find a variety so that you don't get bored with the LC diet.

I guess I am reflecting on me and my own habits. MOST of the time I do well, but when I eat something that I know I don't need, I just enjoy it for all its worth and then remind myself that I have to be very careful on how often I can allow myself to eat that kind of stuff. (actually, most of the time it tastes overly sweet and icky and doesn't taste as good as I anticipated.... reminding me why I don't do sugary stuff anymore)

best wishes,
Libby

Last edited by Libbyfcr : Sun, May-18-03 at 07:54.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 09:40

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 238/193/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 51%

Libby it has nothing to do with it being healthy or not. (brocolli) Lots of things are healthy that you cant eat at CMs because...

It causes cravings and effects the insulin

All the healthy eating in the world isnt going to make CAD/CALP work if it causes you to crave food all day long. The point of CMs is to make it so that you dont crave more food and dont feel hungry all day.

Broccoli has no effect on me either btw..
  #13   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 13:47

BF:
Default Yes, I know that..........

Quote:
Libby it has nothing to do with it being healthy or not. (brocolli) Lots of things are healthy that you cant eat at CMs because...

It causes cravings and effects the insulin

All the healthy eating in the world isnt going to make CAD/CALP work if it causes you to crave food all day long. The point of CMs is to make it so that you dont crave more food and dont feel hungry all day.
ause...

Yes, I have that figured out. Thank you.

My whole issue was that it struck me funny. The broccoli comment. I certainly would be more concerned with eating a whole apple pie than eating a serving of broccoli.

Libby