Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 182/173/150
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default ihop omelet

Hi i have a question. Ok i did the ketosis stick on friday and it was dark purple and this morning saturday i had a bacon and cheese omelet from ihop and now my stick is pink. So my question is do you think they put milk in the omelet or do the sticks just change from day to day. Anyway i asked them if they add anything to make the omelet and they said no. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

Apparently, from a thread that was on here awhile ago, IHOP makes their omelettes with pancake batter inside. Which i guess accounts for their fluffiness?? Sneaky...
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 10:21
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the info. I just wish they would have told me that when i asked and i would have chosen something else. I amd going to keep it up though and hopefully not let this get me down. Thanks again.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 13:26

Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi, Alimark! I have no idea what goes into an Ihop omelet. But I have read lots on here about the keto sticks. As long as you're in the pink range (however light) you're in ketosis. The deep purple color often means you're dehydrated to some degree. That can be very common first thing in the AM because your urine is quite concentrated then. The darker color doesn't mean you're burning fat any faster than the lighter shades of pink. So you probably didn't do any real damage with the omelet!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 13:46
Registered Member

BF:

Darlene, thanks for the info I feel better now. It just made me frustrated because this is only my fifth day and I am being faithful to this way of eating. Anyway thanks for the response. Alicia
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-05, 06:16

Stats: 205/115/105 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey,
I actually read an article in a low carb magazine that in fact they do add batter to the omelette and although some have requested that they stop doing it, the company will not.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-05, 06:57

Stats: 140/124/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 107%

I ate at IHOP last week and ordered an omelet ........I then noticed the menu actually tells you (typed in the area that reads omelets) that they add pancake batter to make it fluffy ...........promise the menu reads this if you look at it closely. So I called the waitress back and told her I couldn't have the pancake batter in my omelet that I'm allergic to flour, starches, etc ............so they made me one without.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-05, 09:59
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyQJew
Hey,
I actually read an article in a low carb magazine that in fact they do add batter to the omelette and although some have requested that they stop doing it, the company will not.

The March/April issue of Healthy Low Carb Living-page 12. I just happened to have the magazine next to the computer. I love IHOP (in the old days). Now...don't go near it with a 10 foot pole

Lisa