Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 12:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/148/120 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Thinking about Starbucks----

Is there a place online you can find the actually carb amount of drinks?
I used to have only a nonfat, no whip hot chocolate. I know it must be high in carbs. Does anyone know what a FULL fat hot chocolate would have? I really miss it!!!!

My dh was a white chocolate mocha---I know he misses that!!

Holly
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 12:35
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Too high and full of sugar which is the real issue.

You can always try at home unsweetened soy milk (1 carb a cup) and hersheys cocoa which is low carb.

But as for Starbucks: coffee, half and half or heavy cream and sweetner is still a darn good cup of coffee even without all the trimmings.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 12:39

Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%

Good link to help you get through this:

http://www.ineedcoffee.com/03/coffeediet/

When you check out what Starbucks gives you in one of those creations-you realize you might as well go next door to Hagen Dazs !!

Also - you can heat up the Atkins chocolate shake mix. I tried the soy milk/sugar free chocolate syprup combo and it didnt taste anything like what I wanted.
Cocoa has no sugar, if you can get water and cream and splenda together with it you could safely make something similar to what you want.

Last edited by fairchild : Thu, May-15-03 at 12:47.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 12:47

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I never knew that the reason not to drink coffee was because it restricts the body from burning fat, I thought you shouldn't drink coffee because it my be a trigger. I may re-think my coffee intake now, although, I really can't imagine being without it - I ran out of coffee at home 1 day last week, so I had to wait and get it on my way to work - I thought I was going to pass out - I felt absolutely aweful - maybe I'll try the green tea.

Vikki
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 260/235/130 Female 64 inches
BF:yes it is.
Progress: 19%
Default my third day

without coffee, I think I may be safe now. I was a tall vanilla nonfat latte a day person pre Atkins induction. I backed off a little at a time, first going to regular coffee with cream (breaking myself from the liquid crack that they put in the Starbucks coffee), then down to half cups, then just an iced tea, then just green tea. After I went to just tea, I felt pretty bad - achy, tired, but today it feels like it is passing. I have a nice pot of jasmine pearls loose leaf green tea here right now.

Last year, I would occasionally have the Frappaccino, until one day I noticed that everyone I saw with a Frappaccino was overweight (obviously, including me). Then I thought I was doing the "right" thing by getting the nonfat latte, but of course I made it even worse by adding vanilla syrup! (shakes head sadly).

Anyway, I started induction 11 days ago, and I was still on the liquid crack at the beginning, but now I think I have the monkey off of my back. The interesting thing is, I did see my weightloss speed up a little in the past two days, and maybe taking out the coffee was part of that.... (I was losing less than a pound a day, and post-coffee, almost 1.5 per day). I know that these results aren't typical, and that it will slow down, and that I have a lot to lose etc but this is an awfully nice start. I feel like I am melting.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 14:57

Stats: 198/184/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking Starbucks breve

Most espresso places including Starbucks have a drink called a Breve - it is made with half and half or you can request heavy whipping cream. I just request decaf and sugar free syrup. Yum, yum!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 15:19

Plan: Restart 8/6/18 - 75/20/5
Stats: 196/155.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:Die MF!
Progress: 62%

I'm with Lisa (minus the sweetener, don't like sweet coffee unless it's a cafe mocha ). I, literally, just tossed my empty venti coffee w/ 1/2 & 1/2 in the trash next to me. I have one every afternoon, either that or a long nap. A lady next to me asked what the calories were in a venti mocha frapp and the server said about 450 Sadly, I had to inform her it was more like 1000 plus.

Lovin' my Starbuck's coffee,

Jones
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 15:22

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

Here is a site with good carb count for Starbucks. I swear that place puts something in their coffee...so addicting.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/index.php...p=page&SubMenu=