Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 10:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/146.4/138 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default removing temptation

I have'nt been a very good girl this week. Too much fruit, nuts, SF chocolates, and NSA ice cream. I abused the alowances of OWL. I've felt physically crappy too, and I knew I wasn't loosing anything. Well I weighed in today and saw I gained weight. So today I'm going to enjoy the last of the fruit, cottage cheese, and SF chocolates in the hose, and then go back to induction levels until I get back to where I was.

Just looking for some support, thanks for reading.

Jamian
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 10:41

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

You're doing the best thing - get rid of everything that will tempt you. I had a friend drop in last night and had two glasses of wine, big mistake, I know, but now it's gone and overwith, and I'm back on track today.

Vikki
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 10:45

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Support ? You've got it. I can't keep some stuff in the house or I will eat it all. I admire those folks on this board who can limit themselves to "just one" of any treat. Not me, gotta have it ALL. Sounds like you will have to guard against the same tendancy, but you can do it.

Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 11:13

Stats: 158/146.4/138 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally posted by csj
I admire those folks on this board who can limit themselves to "just one" of any treat. Not me, gotta have it ALL.

That describes me to a "T"! I'm just going to have to stop buying the SF chocolates, cause I can't have just one, and I think the sugar alcohols do bad things to me.

Thanks so much for the support.

Jamian
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 11:24

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

If you know those foods are bad for you, why finish them? A better way to treat yourself would be to throw them away and start back on induction TODAY!

I know a lot of people have a problem throwing away perfectly good food. Obviously, if you can't eat it without feeling crappy, it isn't perfect or good for you. Into the trash with it now!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 11:27
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%
Default or just throw them out!

Don't feel like you have to stuff it all in your face to get rid of it -- the garbage disposal works nicely too! It took me a couple weeks to actually clean all the carbage out of my pantry, because I felt bad about throwing it out. But then it occurred to me that I'd happily have paid all the money represented by that food to instantly lose the weight, and I gave the unopened stuff to charity and pitched the rest!

Of course, if you've only got a serving or so of the junk left, no need to get medieval on it. But don't stuff your face with a mountain of SF chocolate just to get rid of it (for more reasons than one)!

Edit: LOL Barbara, we think alike!