Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 22:58

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Yowsa Chelles!

That does NOT sound like a fun situation. Did the surgery help him? I know there is a surgical option to "tighten up" the muscle at the base of the esophagus but that is not something his MD has mentioned yet and I haven't really researched the surgical option. I wanted to see if the low carbing might not improve things first.

He hasn't seen the dramatic changes that some people talk about since he started, but then he was somewhat lowcarb when he began the diet and he is taking meds now, so as long as he's on them it's hard to tell. He has another appointment the 20th so hopefully we will hear more about what's going on then. He has lost 8 pounds now and likes the WOE anyway.

I'm glad to hear LC seems to be helping you. Take good care of those tummies!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 21:07

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Talking tsp

Dr. Schwarzbein outlines how LC clears up Acid reflux. Her first book is a must read for those of us with Gerd. I was in the hospital with it. LC has cleared it up. Just like my brother, you need to find a more up to date Doctor. Low fat diet will make it WORSE, not better.

HL
  #18   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 18:10

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Talking Clearly I must expand my library!

I have her cookbook, but not her "diet" book, so shall see what Amazon.com has used to remedy that. Thank you for the heads up!

MB
  #19   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 09:22

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Hey, Lisa N...your DH's

symptoms are just like mine.

The minute I touch anything high carb I hurt SO bad. I too thought getting rid of coffee would help me...it didn't. Getting rid of the sugar in the coffee however, did help.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 09:23

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Hi, OldSalty...

I'm glad to see you noted "high glycemic" carbs as opposed to all carbs.

I noticed you have created your own diet. What kinds of carbs do you allow yourself?