Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 03:17

Plan: Dr Atkins changed to CAD
Stats: 80/8/60
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy CAD Reward Meal - Help!!

I know I have asked this question before - but I would really like to hear from experienced CADers (as apposed to CALPers) how they work their reward meal. I have been CADing for19 days now and I am getting a bit worried about what I am having for my reward meals (if you like - please read my journal titled "Changes")

Does the novelty of the freedom of the RM wear off and one eventually starts eating more balanced food. I am reluctant to start putting strict rules and regulations about what I eat into that meal. I know I can do it - for almost 2 years I regulated my own eating and managed to lose 30 kilos (66lbs) I had put on 8kgs (17.6lbs) and have lost 3 of those awful kilos(6.6lbs) since starting CAD. BTW I love this woe.

PLEASE help!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 04:15

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi there Shira

I have been doing CAD for 8 months, so I guess I am pretty experienced.

My feeling with the reward meal is that my goal is to aim toward balance, you know.. the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 deal. I try to plan a salad OR a low-carb veggie for every dinner (not ready to do both just yet) But, other than that, I don't put restrictions on my RM either (except the time limit, of course!) The freedom of the RM is what has made this program work for me, that and the lack of cravings at all the other times.

When I do feel cravings during the day, it doesn't seem to be because of something I ate at my RM, usually. It is more likely something with hidden carbs at my CMs, or something like AS that is triggering my insulin. Like when I tried the mock danish for breakfast. Perfectly "legal" and yet it caused all my "food thoughts" and cravings to come roaring back.

Shira I will go into your journal when I am on lunch today and have a snoop around. I don't have time right now as I have to get off to work. If I see anything, I'll let you know

Take care,
Tracy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 18:34

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

I try to have the salad, I also have a low carb veggie (Although sometimes broccoli) and some protein. I rarely have carbs in the meal-those I save for dessert-some people have a carby dinner and then dessert, but this throws off the balance. The salad really does help you to control the other portions.