Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 15:05

Plan: Atkins Maintence with modifications
Stats: 182/150/150 Female 5ft 8 in
BF:36%/23%/22%
Progress: 100%
Question Can I ever get a flat stomach?

I really would like to one day get a flat stomach. My stomach is very flabby and saggy all my fat is stored there. My stomach is stretched out from having babies. This my main problem area and I would like to one day get rid of it once and for all. I just feel kind of discouraged sometimes because it looks like its hardly been touched in my weight lose so far. I wonder if this will be the last place I lose or I will lose everywheres else and have this big gut hanging around. Has anyone lost there stomach weight and now have a flat stomach?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 15:10

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%
Default nope

I wish I had. I am still working on it. Everyday I wish the same thing.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 15:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-Induction
Stats: 193/173/170 Female 5'4
BF:33.1%/30.4%/24%
Progress: 87%

Don't you fret, I think I qualify as proof! Although I don't have a flat stomach (I weight a bit more than you) I have lost weight in my stomach. I actually think that's about the only place I've lost it which is fine with me! Have you been measuring? I actually don't even measure but can really just tell the difference from the way I look. I'm actually starting to get some sort of figure! Anyway, I'm sure that your stomach will eventually catch up with the rest of your body and you'll have a flat stomach in no time. Good luck to you all.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / CKD
Stats: 191/187/165
BF:
Progress: 15%

This is my main concern too!

I'm pretty skinny all around. My only trouble area is my extra spare tire.
If only we could pin point where we would like to lose the fat!

I think if I keep at it, it will eventually disappear.

My goal is to get some abs showing.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:20

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

I think the stomach is one of the last places we lose fat. So just be REALLY patient, even though you see and notice fat disappearing from the rest of your body, it will eventually go from your stomach area.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:21

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I've not had any kids, but I too have the pooch. I can tell I've lost a little bit there, but I think that will probably be one of the last places that I lose. That's where most of the stuff is, I think, so harder to lose there.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Default YES

I can attest to going from a jelly belly to a flat stomach.
Although running is what really helped get me there, it can and will happen !
Having kids and all the hell it does to your body does not get in the way of having a flat belly I promise ! Even the C section does not kill the ability to get that flat stomach.
I too lose weight in all kinds of stupid places - my chest- first. Thighs and belly last ! I think thats where the fat cells have major beachfront real estate and dont want to move.
Hang in there and you will see your belly get flat I promise !
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:27

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:

Quote:
where the fat cells have major beachfront real estate

LOL fairchild.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:55

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

I've had 2 kids, and my tummy has tightened quite a lot since starting Atkins. It doesn't "hang over" anymore. I didn't think it was possible at first, but I'm convinced now; even the measuring tape has proven results!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 17:46

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking flat stomach

I always joke that my tummy was never flat no matter what I weighed, due to an inherited roll right below my belly button. Having said that, I have given birth to 3 children, so have had a pooch-hang myself. It is considerably less now, and still shrinking.

My personal opinion-exercise, exercise exercise!! I lift weights, and tightening up the underlying muscles is one sure way to reduce the flab. Other posts on this board also lead me to believe that your body will eventually redeposit some of the fat, but you have to be patient b/c this happens months after you have reached and maintained your goal weight.

Han in there, it will happen...

#11   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 17:58
Registered Member

Stats: 223/193/185
BF:
Progress: 79%

All you have to worry about is having babies. Us men have to worry about beer bellies.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 19:10
Registered Member

Stats: 257.5/237.0/215 Male 6 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default stomach sag

It makes sense if the first place that you put weight on is your stomach then the last place the weight comes off is the stomach. Just keep at it and it will pay off. The little bit of weight that I have lost has come out of my face and chin. You can definitely get excited about this woe when you see just a little bit of results.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 20:51

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:?/20%/18%
Progress: 113%
Default Hey Pooch....

I have to worry about my 2 CSections AND my 15 year love affair with beer..Double trouble!!

I agree with the exercise. I have abs, I really do, they are just hidden under some flab..lol..The sections have been hard on my body. When I started this WOE I had a saggy "bag" were I carried last baby. HATED the mirror. I'm below goal now and STILL have a bit of the bag effect. In jeans, I look thinner than ever, but naked..I can't believe this body fits into the smallest clothes in the closet. That saggy look is so disturbing!

On the bright side, it IS going away. Ever so slowly, but they say the longer it takes the changes take to occur, the more likely it is that the changes will last. Lets hope so!

Good thread..Obviously something that is quite common,

Joy
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 21:09

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Well, if women who have had babies can get rid of it, then I guess I can too!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 09:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

From what I've read, the belly butter will be the last to melt away by a long shot. However, doing ab exercises are worthwhile, if only because the muscles do help hold in the flab a bit. And once you finally do lose that fat, and I really believe that will happen, you will find that lovely six pack waiting for you. I know I can feel real muscles under there, even see some definition, though I still have the poochy tummy I've had since I was a skinny little kid. The other night I talked my DH into doing abs with me. He's been an athlete all his life and works in construction, so even though he's slacked off the past few years, he doesn't have a spare tire, just no muscle tone in the old tum. After six weeks of three times a week 5 minute ab routine, I left that man in the dirt, further proof that a little ab work builds muscle fast