Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 16:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 235/220/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:37
Progress: 18%
Default What *I* would like to see (for inspiration)

I would love to see a comparison of plans SIDE BY SIDE, with weight-loss included. For instance, take a three month period and say "these people did Protein Power, and they lost this much each:" and have a list, then "these people did Atkins, and they lost this much:" and have a list.

I would find it very interesting to know which one results in more weight loss. I know, I could just TRY them both, but I would like to know before I try Atkins if it really results in much more weight loss for the much less carbs you are allowed. I have trouble staying under 20 everyday, usually I hit 30 or 40.

Anyone have any comparisons for me? What were YOUR results? What plan are you one?

Thanks, I'm needing some inspirationj.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Red face hmmm,

don't think that is possible, IMHO - for just like each individual --- "individual results may vary!!!" Afraid my advice is to check through these boards a bit, read some success stories and review the plans and then select one that 'sounds DO-ABLE for YOU! Some of my friends tell me there is NO way they could do Atkins - because they love the carby foods too much --- I bite my tongue but think, "Yeah, you are probably a carb addict too - like me..." After you have really made a commitment to a plan and WORK IT as a plan, then personalize or tweak it if need be to adjust your vitamins, your own activity levels and your own commitment - then you will be able to either shift plans - or find a way of eating/life that is yours.

Jan
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 21:00

Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%

I agree with Jan. Find a way of eating that you feel you can do, hopefully, for the rest of your life. After you've done it for 2-3 months, you can reevaluate and decide if a change in plans is the way to go. I've heard from others that they were doing Atkins in the beginning because for them that was the quickest way to lose weight only to change to a different plan because it fit with their life much better. Check out the sucess stories section. Lot's of great inspiration there and lots of people here on many different plans.

Good Luck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 21:13

Stats: 193/193/140 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 0%

On one of the evening news shows, I think it's Dateline, they are doing just that. One is doing Atkins, another is just exercising, etc. We were talking about it a week or so ago. BTW, the ATKINS eater was doing great!