Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 16:35

Plan: Atkins-general low carb
Stats: //150
BF:to much *LOL*
Progress: 12%
Post Planning my one bowl cheat

I figure one cheat a month isn't very bad.I cheated last month only because my Dr wanted me to eat carbs for my blood test.Boy was i sick.I didn't gain.Probley because if it wasn't comming out one end it was comming out the other. Sorry.

But tonight i am gonna have a bowl of ice cream.i have lost 17lbs and think i deserve it.One bowl won't hurt.As long as it is only one bowl.This will prove to myself how much will power i have.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 22:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/176/120 Female 65"
BF:35%/25%/20%
Progress: 19%
Default Ice Cream (1 bowl)

Hi!
Since I am a newbie (7th day of induction), I am dying to know how the bowl of ice cream made you feel. Did you have a sugar crash (light headed)? I just want to know if a cheat is worth it.

Oh, of course a wedding or special occasion every now and then would probably count as worth it, if I didn't go overboard.

Personally, I am just trying to work on my self control and have done suprisingly well, as I had not been depriving myself of anything that I wanted to eat 7 days ago and thus I am obese - cause and effect. I am currently learning about my old and new found (not there yet) habits. It's a process of dicipline that I haven't had in 3-4 years.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 04:13

Plan: Atkins-general low carb
Stats: //150
BF:to much *LOL*
Progress: 12%
I don't know if it was worth it,my tummy was upset afterwords but i was already not feeling all that great so i went to bed.I can tell my will power is stronger then ever right now.All i want is my MEAT and Water.
I didn't really over do it.But i do know one thing.....I don't want no more!!!!!!!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 16:35
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/176/120 Female 65"
BF:35%/25%/20%
Progress: 19%

HI!
I am concidering my last three days at work (training) as doing pretty good, concidering that lunch was catered in and I didn't eat any decadent deserts at any of our meals or snacks that were being eaten around me. I had a c. of coffee & a couple of bites of my atkins bar, so I wouldn't feel deprived and I was fine (no cravings). I had chicken each day and scraped off the coating, since 2 days worth had some type of carb coating. I had a salad each day and a steamed veggie.

My willpower is getting better!

Thank Goodness! I feel like I am finally gaining contol, after 4 years of completely being out of control. I am starting to feel more confident in myself. I like this feeling, so I am definitely continuing this journey towards losing 50+lbs.