Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 16:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%
Thumbs up NEW Atkins Morning Start Bars... These are AWESOME!

I just came back from my almost local health food store. They are an Atkins distributor. I found this NEW Atkins product that I just have to rave about! It is the new "MORNING START" series and it comes in Apple Crisp, Creamy Cinnamon, Blueberry Muffin and Chocolate Chip Crisp.

I bought the Blueberry and the Chocolate chip. Now I should wait until I try both to give a review, but the Chocolate Chip Crisp was so incredibly good I had to share.

Have you ever had the Quaker chewy granola bars? If you liked those YOU WILL LOVE THESE ! The bottom is chocolate coated and the bar is all of these little crispy things with a few chocolate chips thrown in and it is all stuck together! They are crispy and just a little chewy. Taste like you are having a cheat. Now here is the really good news: Only 2 NET carbs per serving.

OK... Now to the nitty gritty. I went to the Atkins site and I don't see them! I would have just put a link to the nutrional info because I know we all want to know what sweetners and how the carbs are counted. So, I won't be truely good and put down all the info... just not that good of a typist, but I will give you some of the crucial information.

Calories per bar 160, 60 calories from fat. Total Carb 14 grams- 5 grams is dietary fiber, 5 grams is glycerin and 2 grams are sugar alcohol.

From reading the label it seems that the sugar alcohol (which is lacitol) is in the chips. The crispy part appears to be sweetened with Splenda.

Aktins has done really good with this product in my oppinion. When I try the Blueberry, I will add to this thread. It is going to be so hard to have only one of these a day!

Last edited by theresa113 : Sat, Apr-26-03 at 20:34.
Sponsored Links