Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 14:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/277/175 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Am I like totally wierd??

I have tried Atkins before with success the first 2 weeks (lost about 25lbs I think I retain a ton of water weight), cheated and never went back. Since then I have tried probably 4-5 times not getting past day 1 or 2. It got alot harder. No the question on my wierdness.

I hear all the time eat eat yum steak, butter, cheese etc etc. isn't it great?

To me the answer is easy... NO! I love tacos (the shell and tons of hot sauce makes it good), chips and salsa, pasta of all kinds, potatos with cheese or ranch dressing, bread and soda (I would rather die then drink diet soda) comparing diet soda to regular its like comparing milk to kool-aid to me. I don't care much about deserts. I am the person that soaks my food in condments. Extra ketshup, A1 sauce, BBQ sauce, fruit juices in the morning.

The ketshup and the bun make the hamburger (I would rather have a bun with ketshup the just the burger lol). Chicken is only good extra crispy... I almost never use butter for anything except to make pasta creamy.

Fish I don't have a problem with, but I normally only eat it 1 time a year or so. Why? Because unless it is a fish taco its not me. I know I have to change since I do weigh 278 OUCH! But the talk of the high fat being good, it seems like I am way different then most people or something.

PLEASE HELP!!

Since the few times I have started Atkins I have become actually ill even thinking about eggs. Plug my nose, toss them down the throat, guzzle a bunch of water.

Anyway I really need help. I am not sure what to do.
Thanks in advance to anyone responding.
Sponsored Links