Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 09:58
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Question Business travel advice?

I blew it big time recently on a 3 day business trip. I started out great, took my own snacks & food for the plane, even had the right kind of breakfast and lunch the first day. Dinner went downhill and the whole next day was a disaster too. I could hear a little voice in my head screaming not to eat the donut, but I ate it anyway. After that I knew it was the physical addiction to the carbs kicking in. Needless to say, I came back and was up to 190!! Luckily I was able to exercise while there so I think it could have been worse, but I had to dig out an old pair of Size 16 (normally wear a 14) pants to wear to work yesterday!!

I restarted Induction yesterday and thank goodness am down to 187 and feeling my energy coming back. The thing that scares me is that I will have to travel every 2 weeks for this project for the next 6 months. I need to be able to stay with this and since I am not a seasoned business traveller, I'd appreciate any advice on the best and easiest ways to stay on track when away.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links