Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/204/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Having trouble making the leap...

Okay,

I hope this post will make sense, I'm feeling a little frazzled. Over the past several months I have read, re-read, and read one more time the main books on low-carb living. I believe the information, I trust that if I switch to this WOL that I will lose weight. But I just can't seem to cross the bridge. I've never really dieted, at least not long enough to see real results, so I'm not a yo-yo. I've always been overweight, but carry it well so I don't LOOK that heavy. Except after two children in two years, my weight has really ballooned and I can't seem to get the equilibrium back.

I don't have many emotional hang-ups with food, self-esteem, my attractiveness, etc. etc. I just need to be healthier and lighter and I'd love to be more attractive, but I really like food, especially the sweet stuff. And after a long day in toddler-land, a diet Coke and chocolate something or other seem like a magical escape!

Despite knowing all this and sincerely believing that Atkins and other LC plans really work and are healthier. I feel paralyzed from really making the commitment. And I know it will be a commitment, not just a short term quick diet if I want a healthier life from here on out and to keep off any weight I lose.

I've read the Self-sabatoge posts on the General Low-Carb discussion and don't feel like that's me, since I've never actually gotten far enough into the program to ruin it. What does it take to really feel the motivation and excitement to cross over to this WOE and never look back (or at least not do more than the occasional glimpse).

I hope someone has some insights for me or maybe just a good kick in the pants, or could ask some questions that could help me figure out my reluctance to choose a new life for myself.

Thanks for letting me process. I know I just needed to articulate all this and that I really probably am ready to move forward. I just don't want to get three, or five, or fourteen days into this and then give it all up.

Sincerely stuck,

Jami
Sponsored Links