Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 14:09

Plan: OWL
Stats: 141/135/125
BF:Dont have a clue
Progress: 38%
Talking New to Atkins but Does it really work?

Hi I am Harley logging in for the first time. I began Atkins about two weeks ago. The books are so wishy washy. First it says do Induction then next it says you dont need induction if you only have 1-20 lbs to loose. Yet I cut down drastically on my carb intake and actually measing things as never before. I have lost 5 pounds but now I cant lose anymore WHY not? I still have my jelly roll around my belly. I am 135 now and would like to go back to 125 can anyone please tell me which is the correct thing to do? I find the Induction in the new blue books very vague and thergore I am going by the older book. If someone knows more than I do please tell me. I take in NO sugars, potatoes, pastas, sauces etc. I eat lean meats fish eggs, soy pan cakes two small ones and veges in the list. No fruis for the last three weeks. so now what?
Harley
Sponsored Links