Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 23:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins started at 197lbs
Stats: 207/183/170
BF:BMI: 31.5/27.5/26
Progress: 65%
Default Birth control and low-carb: best options??

Hi there. I did a search and didn't find anything but "spot" bleeding...which was helpful...but

I have been on the depoprovera shot for a year (next month) but have had TERRIBLE reactions to it. Since starting this WOE a few days ago, they've worsened dramatically.

My problem is my body basically revolting against the shots!! They're supposed to dramatically lessen or even stop periods altogether. My problem is they've made them 50 times worse!! This is my 3rd or 4th time of this happening to me:

I've had my period, very heavy and continuous, for over a month. Not joking. And when I'm not having my (TERRIBLY LONG) TOM, I have spot bleeding every day.

I had a physical and the doc said nothing was wrong!! But as I'm sure you can understand why, my hubby and I are very concerned!!

I'm thinking about switching to the patch or the nuvaring. B/C pills are out of the question as my body has a bad reaction to those also (constantly nauseous and light-headed).

I'm trying to find a good method because of cramps, not just for the no baby outlook...although it's a nice perk at the moment

Anyway, to the point:

Is any method of b/c better for anyone else while on this WOE?? Has anyone else had to switch or tried more methods??

Thanks for any input I hope my body will start liking me again soon (cramps for 5 weeks straight is putting a damper on my mood....grrrrrrr.....and no chocolate to help....)

Last edited by JuneBride : Sun, Apr-13-03 at 23:14.
Sponsored Links