Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 21:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/164/135
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default HELP - afraid to start exercising again!

hi everyone,

i started atkins last september and was rolling along quite nicely until january (lost about 20 pounds, which is okay).

before i started atkins, i was a religious exerciser - cardio 3-4x per week, plus weight training 2-3x per week (upper and lower). however, when i started atkins last september, i focused solely on the nutritional side and stopped exercising (i know, crazy but true; i also started travelling extensively overseas which contributed to my falling off the exercise wagon).

my weight loss has stalled since january (not a pound lost!), so i've decided that it may be time to bring exercise back into the mix. but, seeing that my motivation is flagging, i'm really afraid to start training again and see the pounds creep up (due to muscle gain, etc.).

my question is this - if i start my cardio and weight training regimen again, am i going to gain a lot of weight? or, will it jump start my weight loss again?

your advice is much appreciated!

Last edited by littlemel : Mon, Apr-07-03 at 21:08.
Sponsored Links