Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 19:41
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default Understanding Those With Less to Lose

Having read some posts where people who have a lot of weight to lose started to feel discouraged because they saw some of us who have only 20 or so pounds to lose I would like to say that I can understand how these people might think we are over reacting. I can't speak for everyone but in my case I don't think I am - I had a problem with anorexia it took a long time for me to be able to eat in a healthy manner and become comfortable with a weight that although in the low range of healthy for my height still made me feel a bit heavy. When I gained due to a combination of factors it became more and more difficult for me to maintain healthy eating - it would be a lot easier for me to just quit eating than to stick to a healthy diet. So although you might think that I have it easy because I only want to lose 20lbs it is not necessarily so - every morning I have to make a commitment to EAT- and when I step on the scale and don't see a drop I have to resist the urge to stop eating. The fact that we are all facing similar problems is all that counts, not how much or how little we have to lose, we are all trying to do it and be healthy and that is the main thing
Sponsored Links