Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 21:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-Induction
Stats: 193/173/170 Female 5'4
BF:33.1%/30.4%/24%
Progress: 87%
Unhappy Starting over.. cause no loss??

Well, I started Atkins on February 17th.. I lost 13 pounds all together but that was in the first week and a half. I've been doing Atkins since then but it's been on and off.. (I cheated a few times ) I'd heard that Atkins works the best when you're doing it for your first time. I haven't lost anything in the past couple of weeks and I'm wondering if the fact that I keep starting over is making me stall? It's really frustrating me. I don't want to quit because I hear all of the stories about how well it works and my first results were so great but I'm just scared that it isn't going to work for me anymore. I really hope I haven't ruined it.. I wanted to be around 130-140 by September (for my 18th birthday) I didn't think that was too unreasonable, That's about 40-50 pounds in about 5-6 months. Also, I've been looking for about a 5 pound loss every two weeks. That's reasonable isn't it? I need some serious help and encouragement.. I can't quit this time, I've been overweight for so long and I want to change that, to prove to everyone who believes I can't do it, that I CAN and most of all, I want this for myself, I'd be so much happier. Please help.. If you know anything, please comment. I would appreciate it so much. Good luck to you all.. Take care and God Bless
Amanda
Sponsored Links