Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 20:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins plan
Stats: 167/156/130
BF:
Progress: 30%
Angry Darn it I am feeling frustrated!

I know, I know, it is normal to experience plateaus of a few days to a few weeks, even when following the induction or OWL to a "t."

So I guess I should not be frustrated...

But...I have been measuring and recording every single thing I drink and eat (except for water, which I consume freely and do not record as a calorie laden item).

According to the fitday calculations, I am keeping my carbs to l below 20 each day, and my average caloric intake has ranged from 800 cals per day on my good days to just under 1,000 on my "pig out" days.

I lost 11 lbs the first week, but now I am stuck on the scale...not budging. I have been walking a mile a day, and doing some indoor exercises (calisthenics) and according to the fitday thingee I should be burning over 2,000 calories per day even without factoring in the excercise.

What gives?

I know I am borderline hypothyroid, maybe that is part of it...?

Or maybe I am retaining water? (It's getting fairly close to TOM and I do seem a bit puffy in the hands and face...)

I feel as if I can not eat any fewer calories without feeling deprived, and I can't hardly cut down much further on the carbs either....

Do I need to just drink water and not eat anything at all in order to hope to lose more weight?

Grrr...I am so frustrated!

Love, Leora

P.S. edited to add, today I ate 809 calories, including 17 grams of carbs, and supposedly I burned 2,481 calories.

How come I can't lose weight?

I set the activity level to "seated, with some movement" because I do quite a bit of housework each day and live on the 3rd floor so am always going up and down stairs, hauling stuff up stairs, etc. so I figured I qualified for "some movement" although I am seated for maybe about half the waking day.

Last edited by Leora99 : Thu, Mar-20-03 at 20:40.
Sponsored Links